Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Sexoffenders in Lawschool?  (Read 1338 times)

lawrookie

Sexoffenders in Lawschool?
« on: July 18, 2009, 12:18:42 AM »
I saw a lot of people posting on this forum about having convictions and going to law school, and I remember being in undergrad and going online to find out that literally dozens of the guys(and a few gals) who I thought were ok people sitting next to me were actually registeredsexoffenders :o   I was just wondering if that happens in lawschool too or if they weed them all out before that point. I dont want to be one of those guys who says that people shouldn't get a second chance in life but I just am curious if I have to worry about walking outside to my car in the dark after class is all. Has anyone here had them in their Lawschools or not?

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Sexoffenders in Lawschool?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2009, 01:29:59 AM »
Parking lot rape by fellow classmates is very common at most law law schools...
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.

CTL

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2009, 09:39:23 AM »
You have to be careful with those assumptions.  Tons of cases of statutory rape involve couples of very close age.  Like 17/16.  It's unfortunate that they get lumped into the same 'sex offender' category with child molesters and such, but it happens all the time.
If looks could kill, you would be an uzi.

Live Free or Die!

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2009, 02:25:35 PM »
CTL is right. The state were I live California has laws that will make you a sex offender if someone is charged with public urination. Makes me worried to take a leak on a long run or hike. Second I am sure what you are concerned about that is persons convicted of Felony sexual assault are very unlikely to attend law school given that conviction would create reservations in the admissions office.

Ninja1
   I hope your being sarcastic, but if not. I understand your concern for the well being of you and your classmates but having rapes occur on college ground doesn't make the students at that college rapists. Perfect example USC. Great Campus, Crappy neighborhood = higher than average crime rate on campus. But, that does not mean that student have a greater than average chance of being criminals.     

lawrookie

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2009, 04:14:21 PM »
ok I can see that. In that case, has any one word of the "good" sexoffenders being allowed into lawschool then?

You have to be careful with those assumptions.  Tons of cases of statutory rape involve couples of very close age.  Like 17/16.  It's unfortunate that they get lumped into the same 'sex offender' category with child molesters and such, but it happens all the time.

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2009, 04:12:58 PM »

Ninja1
   I hope your being sarcastic, ...

What do you think? Also, your writing leaves much to be desired.
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.

lawrookie

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2009, 11:15:01 PM »
I am assuming that you are jokeing but campus rape is a serious issue I am suprised you'd want to joke about it.  :-\

CTL

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2009, 10:39:39 AM »
You must be new around here.  Ninja is not exactly known for political correctness.
If looks could kill, you would be an uzi.

Cool Beans

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2009, 10:41:40 AM »
You must be new around here.  Ninja is not exactly known for political correctness.

Or for simply being correct...  ::) ;)

credo

• Sr. Citizen
  • This life's a game; let's play for larger stakes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2009, 07:13:21 PM »
I dont want to be one of those guys who says that people shouldn't get a second chance in life but I just am curious if I have to worry about walking outside to my car in the dark after class is all.

Are you a particularly youthful looking young man?