Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: How to perform at the top of your class  (Read 2802 times)

lawschoolcoach

• View Profile
    • Email
How to perform at the top of your class
« on: July 16, 2009, 02:08:10 PM »
I was below my law school's median LSAT score when I entered a top 25 law school in 2005, but I was fortunate to learn how and what to study in order to be successful in law school.  As a result, I graduated at the top of my class and was an editor on the law review.  I received summer associate offers to several firms in the Vault 20, and I am just finishing a clerkship on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit.  Again, I was fortunate to have these opportunities because I learned how and what to study while in law school.  As a 2L and 3L, I shared my plan with other law students, all of whom have secured BigLaw market jobs.  These law students suggested that I offer this service on a broader scale.

In the fall, I will be a law professor at a top 25 school, where I will teach a 1L class.  In addition, I am starting a law school coaching business, where I will provide 1L students comprehensive, individually tailored plans for law school success.  If you become one of my clients, I will work with you to set up a studying and outlining schedule, I'll help you understand what you need to be looking for in your studies, and I will help prepare you for your finals by giving you practice exam questions, grading your answers, and helping you learn to organize your answers for maximum points.  In addition, I will be available all year as a resource for you, should you have any questions about law school whatsoever.

In future years I plan to charge $500 per semester for this service.  Because this is my first year doing this formally, however, I am offering it for half price --$500 per year.  That is far less than you pay for law school "bootcamps" and much more comprehensive than LEEWS or other exam-prep services.

If you are interested, email me at lawschoolcoach@gmail.com and we can set up a time to talk on the phone.  I have multiple references I can provide at your request.  Given the current market conditions, being at the top of your law school class is more important than ever.  Email me and I can help you perform at your very best.

And, yes, I do realize this is spam and I apologize for cluttering up your message board, but I am just a guy trying to get a business off the ground and I really do think this service will be great for the right people.  If you want to just chat about it, feel free to email me--I won't pressure anyone to buy.

jerseyexpatriate

• Sanctioned for your sins
    • View Profile
    • twitter
Re: How to perform at the top of your class
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2009, 06:24:41 PM »
This post reminded me of the e-mails you get from Nigerian princes.
"If the government becomes a law-breaker, it breeds contempt for the law. It invites every man to become a law unto himself. It invites anarchy." -- Louis Brandeis