Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Anybody else as terrified about starting 2L next month as I am?  (Read 2522 times)

saradsun

• Sr. Citizen
  • Off to Cali
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Anybody else as terrified about starting 2L next month as I am?
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2009, 03:59:15 AM »
Copyright; Telecommunications, Broadcast, and Internet Law; Law & Technology Writing Workshop

I'm also signed up for Advanced Legal Writing and Civil Procedure 2 but I'm waffling. For daycare reasons and general boredom reasons. I'm going to try to switch it out for Feminist Jurisprudence and Drafting Legal Documents (but the waitlist on that is long, so probably futile).

jbakguy

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2009, 09:55:54 AM »
Copyright; Telecommunications, Broadcast, and Internet Law; Law & Technology Writing Workshop

Nice Lineup

jack24

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2009, 12:38:50 PM »
I'm taking Business Associations, Fed Tax, Secured Transactions, Con Law, and Torts II.
Combine that with LR and I'm really not looking forward to the summer being over.

UnbiasedObserver

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2009, 07:04:06 PM »
A friend of mine went to an ACS talk in the Loop, which featured four Federal judges talking about clerkships (7th CoA, ND IL, Magistrate).

The gist of the speech was clerking is risibly competitive, at all levels, at this time.  The Magistrate judge said that he hired someone from a T20, on the Editorial Board of their Law Review.  With previous clerking experience!  And years of BigLaw practice!

Ugh.  That's what I figured.

Do you *need* LR to land a clerkship, especially in this economic climate?  :-\