Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Totally mezzed up  (Read 669 times)

SDStateAnimal

• View Profile
Totally mezzed up
« on: July 15, 2009, 01:32:03 PM »
I had a problem with my LSAT. I got a 127. The Night b4 i got totally wasted and woke up like 15 minutes b4 i left. I needed a good score cuz i had a 2.3 gpa.(I went to San Diego State and school was not on the top of my mind if u know what I mean.) Now Im mezzed up cuz my dad expects me to go to law school. I was plainning USC but I dont know if i can get in now. Should I try UCLA? I mean its not USC but still. I need to or I loze my trust. F*CK

chi2009

• View Profile
Re: Totally mezzed up
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2009, 02:23:52 PM »
Yikes.  You should have canceled your exam before you got your score.  Honestly, I doubt you have a good shot at either with that score.  At best, you're looking at T4, possibly even non-ABA accredited.  If you really want to go to law school, you  need to retake the LSAT and get a score of about 30 or 40 points higher to compensate for your first score and GPA.  Take a class and make sure you're prepared.  That will let schools know that you are capable of doing much better and just had a bad day.  Say you became ill the morning of the exam or something - obviously don't say that you just got drunk and slept late. 

Moreover, it sounds like you don't really want to go to law school.  Are you sure it wasn't subconscious self-sabotage?  Maybe your family expects you to go.  They'll get over it.  It's your life, and if you don't want to go to law school, you shouldn't even apply because a) it's three years of your life and a lot of work and b) if you don't even want to be there, you're probably not going to do very well anyway.  Do some soul searching and decide what you want.  If it's law school, get serious about the LSAT and boost your score.  And get some stellar letters of recommendation and write a brilliant personal statement.

Don Quixote

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2009, 04:32:58 PM »
Flame.

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2009, 06:14:26 PM »
Flame. That, or OP is functionally retarded.
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2009, 07:02:56 PM »
trying to be funny on the internets - your doing it wrong
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.