Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: T4 to Cinci or OSU  (Read 942 times)

goingoinggone

• View Profile
T4 to Cinci or OSU
« on: July 14, 2009, 12:01:50 PM »
Is it worth it to transfer from a T4 (DAYTON) to Cinci or OSU?  I'm top 3 percent in my class and graded on to law review.  I also have a pretty sizeable scholarship. 

I've already been admitted to Cinci and I'm still waiting to hear from OSU.  OSU is ranked higher than Cinci, but when you get down to the specifics of it, their employment prospects and other statistics are pretty much a wash.

So should I transfer, and assuming I get into OSU, where?

Pardon Johnny Cash.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: T4 to Cinci or OSU
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 12:19:12 PM »
I would transfer.  Definitely to OSU unless you really want to work in cinci.  There's also a chance that after the next couple of years, you might slip a bit out of the top 3%.  Unfortunately with Dayton, it's crucially important than you remain in the very top of the class.  I would prefer having an OSU degree.

LawMan21

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 12:34:04 PM »
I would stay. You will do fine at OCI this year or at least as well as you would as an osu or UC transfer. If you get a job at oci, a firm will not likely drop you if you keep yourself in the top 10% (although 10% might not be enough to get the initial job).

big - fat - box

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 12:42:25 PM »
Move, especially if you are an OH resident. Go to OSU. Recruiting cutbacks are being made even at the very top law schools. OCI and the like is going to be pretty much non-existent at a school like Dayton or similar t4.

Actually, I'd probably apply to some higher ranked, like top 20 schools to see what happens.

deexod

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2009, 09:53:58 AM »
OSU