Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Patents, patents, & more patents  (Read 460 times)

IWillPatentYou

• View Profile
Patents, patents, & more patents
« on: July 13, 2009, 04:58:11 PM »
Hello,

I have been a long-time reader of the board, though never posted anything 'til now.

My question is regarding patent law & I would appreciate any input I could gather from this: Since I am currently majoring in Civil Engineering, would it be of advantage to me if I opt for a Master's & then apply to law school, or would that be a waste of time, energy, & money, & end up not benefiting me in the long-run?

Also, if there are any patent attorneys/students: which option in engineering (e.g., mechanical, civil, electrical, etc.) is considered the "best" as far as patent law is concerned?

Thanks, everyone, in advance!

Atlas LSAT Teacher

• View Profile
    • www.AtlasLSAT.com
    • Email
Re: Patents, patents, & more patents
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 05:14:51 PM »
I think you should post this on a different forum -- the ones here are about studying for the LSAT -- you'll probably get a better response on the general board, where law students are hanging out...Good luck.
Noah Teitelbaum
Atlas LSAT Teacher & Director
http://www.atlaslsat.com

T. Durden

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 06:29:46 PM »
EE, without question.

MS not necessary

IWillPatentYou

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 07:16:49 PM »
I think you should post this on a different forum -- the ones here are about studying for the LSAT -- you'll probably get a better response on the general board, where law students are hanging out...Good luck.

Silly me: I was looking for the correct board, but ended up clicking on this without knowledge -- I'll transfer the message to its intended place now. Nevertheless, thank you for the help & the encouraging words. 

EE, without question.

MS not necessary

Got it! Thank you so much.