Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: First Year Biglaw Associate / Author of Lifeat160 Taking Questions  (Read 6843 times)

'blueskies

• LSD Obsessed
  • your changing skyline is twisting me up inside
    • View Profile
Re: First Year Biglaw Associate / Author of Lifeat160 Taking Questions
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2009, 01:17:34 PM »
Why would you address someone by (what I'm assuming is) their real name and asking him to not share any more information about you?
awkward follows you like a beer chasing a shot of tequila.

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2009, 02:16:10 PM »
Corey, I would prefer that you did not share any more information about me or my blog on this message board.  Check your email.

I'm back and fielding questions.

This is the thing I donít like about self published blogs. If you remain anonymous there is no way to check your stories. You could be making everything up like that guy on Oprahís book club. If its fiction than come out and say it is such and donít mislead your readers into thinking its truth. If its truth then use your real name and stand by what you write. Otherwise its just BS done purely to make a buck at the expense of your readers. If youíre not willing to say something unless no one knows who your are then donít say it in the first place. Complete anonymity just means the author take no responsibility for what he writes.  If you would not admit to saying something in person, donít say it online. At least thatís how I see it.
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2009, 04:25:14 PM »
Corey, I would prefer that you did not share any more information about me or my blog on this message board.  Check your email.

I'm back and fielding questions.

This is the thing I donít like about self published blogs. If you remain anonymous there is no way to check your stories. You could be making everything up like that guy on Oprahís book club. If its fiction than come out and say it is such and donít mislead your readers into thinking its truth. If its truth then use your real name and stand by what you write. Otherwise its just BS done purely to make a buck at the expense of your readers. If youíre not willing to say something unless no one knows who your are then donít say it in the first place. Complete anonymity just means the author take no responsibility for what he writes.  If you would not admit to saying something in person, donít say it online. At least thatís how I see it.

I'm not attempting to trick anyone, I just don't want to get fired.  Take the blog at face value.

then don't do/say things that would get you fired. Its pretty simple really. I mean your pretty much outing the girls you talk about, but not you? Kind of a double stadard
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

'blueskies

• LSD Obsessed
  • your changing skyline is twisting me up inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2009, 04:29:19 PM »
So is calling botbot by his real name
awkward follows you like a beer chasing a shot of tequila.

lawguy09

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2009, 04:33:06 PM »
and still waiting on the newest post

lawguy09

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2009, 11:30:59 PM »
welp, he's lost me as a reader. been checking back a few times each day. won't anymore.

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2009, 07:54:38 AM »
welp, he's lost me as a reader. been checking back a few times each day. won't anymore.

It seems we were served with our first TRO on Thursday.  Check back Monday.

Seriously? what for?

eat it

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2009, 09:50:40 AM »

It seems we were served with our first TRO on Thursday.  Check back Monday.

No offense botbot, and I generally think you've been a great poster over the years I've been here, but I just skimmed the zeroL blog there's some pretty bad advice on there.  See, e.g., transferring from Tulane to Georgetown.

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2009, 03:50:42 PM »
Hmm, I'm not a big fan of people conyroling speach trhough TROs, but I can see how if the stories were true and someone regpnized themslves in the post, they could do so. That's the problem with this kind of writing, you gotta piss pople off or its not intresting enough, but you gotta worry about what happens when they get pissed off. All the more reason I think not to say anything online you won't amdit to later (which some of the stuff I said on here would take a lot of exapling, but I stand by it anyway).

upgrade

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2009, 04:26:27 PM »
I think the given answer is correct (I didn't write it but did talk it over).  Student is top 10% and has law review at Tulane.  Student is also spending the summer clerking for a federal judge.  Student will take the Tulane grades to fall oci at either school.

Student stays at Tulane, saves more than $50k, can (and will) get biglaw, and has a 40% chance of getting published.  What does transferring to GULC do for the student?

I would agree with this perspective.  I was in basically the same position except I was not clerking for a federal judge.  The jump to Georgetown didn't seem like it was worth it.