Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: First Year Biglaw Associate / Author of Lifeat160 Taking Questions  (Read 6814 times)

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
Re: First Year Biglaw Associate / Author of Lifeat160 Taking Questions
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2009, 09:08:55 AM »
What's the point of putting chanpters up on the internet if your going to publish them in a book? I never understood that
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

lawguy09

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2009, 11:51:20 AM »
There sure are a lot of haters out there. I really enjoy your blog. I think it's well written and a fun read.

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2009, 01:10:18 PM »
What's the point of putting chanpters up on the internet if your going to publish them in a book? I never understood that

The blog deal came first.

Although it's also an effective advertising tool.

So the blog is a paid gig? Or the blog came first then the idea for the book came out of that? How much do you get for writing a book these days anyway? I got some ideas for books, but I'm not a very good writer.
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

botbot

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2009, 01:16:52 PM »
As I recently took a share of the blog network, I can say that he gets paid very well for his work.

Edit: In terms of internet writing at least.

2nd Edit: I can also say that he needs to earn his money and check his email or pm box and send over the new chapter already.

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2009, 01:33:06 PM »
As I recently took a share of the blog network, I can say that he gets paid very well for his work.

2nd Edit: I can also say that he needs to earn his money and check his email or pm box and send over the new chapter already.

What's the blog network? So you get paid for content, like just putting stuff up on your blog? What pays the bills, adds? How to I get in on the action! Inquireing minds and all that....

botbot

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2009, 01:45:00 PM »

What's the blog network? So you get paid for content, like just putting stuff up on your blog? What pays the bills, adds? How to I get in on the action! Inquireing minds and all that....

Dude, I tried to get you in when they first launched.  You were all like "no thanks I have better things to do"

Each blogger has a different contract, depending on various factors like IP rights and popularity.  The network owns a portion of the publishing rights for most of the blogs (including the two that are getting ready to launch).  Advertisements also bring in a decent income stream.

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2009, 01:48:37 PM »

Dude, I tried to get you in when they first launched.  You were all like "no thanks I have better things to do"

Each blogger has a different contract, depending on various factors like IP rights and popularity.  The network owns a portion of the publishing rights for most of the blogs (including the two that are getting ready to launch).  Advertisements also bring in a decent income stream.

hmm intresting. Yea I don't have time for a blog right now, but after the bar in two weeks I might.

lawguy09

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2009, 10:33:57 AM »
and then he doesn't even post on time...what the hell?

botbot

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2009, 11:33:38 AM »
I deleted the last post, but I'm leaving the others up.

lawguy09

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2009, 12:45:49 PM »
now that you're fielding questions...will you be updating the blog?