Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: GUCL w/ Journal or NYU/CLS w/o?  (Read 1049 times)

takumi

• View Profile
GUCL w/ Journal or NYU/CLS w/o?
« on: July 09, 2009, 05:23:11 PM »
Just curious on what you would do in this situation.  For clarification, what would be the "better" situation?  Attending GULC with membership on any of the 11 journals or attending either NYU or Columbia while not a member of any journal.

upgrade

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: GUCL w/ Journal or NYU/CLS w/o?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2009, 05:26:54 PM »
If I was a transfer candidate for GULC, CLS, NYU, I would probably pick CLS or NYU without journal membership. 

If I was at GULC and already on a journal, my grades are probably already strong and probably wouldn't leave them.

Did you receive an acceptance to NYU or CLS recently?

takumi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2009, 05:29:35 PM »
No acceptances at NYU or CLS as of yet, still waiting for decisions.  Went complete a few weeks ago for both though.  Saw someone got accepted at CLS a few minutes ago so I'm not holding my breath.

lawtransfer22

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2009, 07:46:49 PM »
It would be tough to give up the actual law journal, but if it was one of the 10 secondary journals i would take one of the other schools.

upgrade

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2009, 07:48:20 PM »
No acceptances at NYU or CLS as of yet, still waiting for decisions.  Went complete a few weeks ago for both though.  Saw someone got accepted at CLS a few minutes ago so I'm not holding my breath.

Are you a transfer to GULC, Takumi?  If so, how do you know that you were accepted to a journal at GULC?

takumi

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2009, 02:15:29 PM »
just a bunch of hypotheticals.  just trying to get a sense of what to do now as opposed to later.