Law School Discussion

MSU scholarship if I choose a different section did anyone else get this e-mail

bigs5068

• View Profile
    • Email
I got an e-mail today from MSU offering me a one year 1,500 scholarship for enrolling in the section that has late afternoon early evening classes.  I am confused as to why they are offering me this and wondering if their is a drawback to going to only late classes.  The classes are back to back so Monday through Thursday I will have class from 4 to 7:25 each day.   $1,500 isn't a lot comparatively to the 30,000 tuition, but it's something.  I'm just really curious if anyone else has gotten this offer this year or in the past and what if any consequences they had. 

Ninja1

• ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
I got an e-mail today from MSU offering me a one year 1,500 scholarship for enrolling in the section that has late afternoon early evening classes.  I am confused as to why they are offering me this and wondering if their is a drawback to going to only late classes.  The classes are back to back so Monday through Thursday I will have class from 4 to 7:25 each day.   $1,500 isn't a lot comparatively to the 30,000 tuition, but it's something.  I'm just really curious if anyone else has gotten this offer this year or in the past and what if any consequences they had. 

Are they trying to move you into the pt division?

Personally, I would have killed for a schedule like that during 1L.

bigs5068

• View Profile
    • Email
It's full time still ju called alternative schedule no morning class or Friday class,  but everything is the same.  I still don't understand why they offered it to me need to make a phone call to figure it out.  Still curious if anyone else got the e-mail from MSU?

Matthies

• View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
I bet they have more people than they can seat for the morning classes, and not enough for the afternoon class to fill a full section, so they are trying to volunatrily more folks to the afternoos to fill out that section so you don't have one section with 100 people and an afternoon section with 50, it would scew the rankings if the sections where 50 people diffrent in size so they are probably trying to get the same number of people in morning and afternoon sections. Just my hunch