Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Any GULC EA deferrals still "Complete"?  (Read 3100 times)

raheeltransfers

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Any GULC EA deferrals still "Complete"?
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2009, 09:42:42 AM »

You still have yet to demonstrate this with any proof besides the fact you have gotten waitlisted. preferred or whatever it may be it does not mean that the people who are still complete are either denied or waitlisted seeing as how if they were wouldn't they already have a decision in then instead of just holding their app at complete. [/quote]

Sure, they are some that are complete and not waitlisted/denied/whatever. But that does not change the fact brother : all seats are taken, for now. They *might* get in, but it would not be until later -- until others start to withdraw apps/offers.

deexod

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2009, 10:13:35 AM »

You still have yet to demonstrate this with any proof besides the fact you have gotten waitlisted. preferred or whatever it may be it does not mean that the people who are still complete are either denied or waitlisted seeing as how if they were wouldn't they already have a decision in then instead of just holding their app at complete.

Sure, they are some that are complete and not waitlisted/denied/whatever. But that does not change the fact brother : all seats are taken, for now. They *might* get in, but it would not be until later -- until others start to withdraw apps/offers.
[/quote]

Gosh, nevermind. ::)

toastie

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2009, 01:32:35 PM »
Raheel, regardless of what your speculation, I don't think that GULC would just somehow hold apps regardless if they have room or not and not give them a decision. It doesn't make sense if all their seats are taken, and that since they have 2 different waitlists means that all seats are full. If all seats were full I would expect I would have gotten a response from them saying you were rejected. Whatever the reason might be, I just don't think their adcom would just hold my application for close to 8 weeks without telling ME who paid for them to look at it whether I got in or denied.

deexod

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2009, 01:38:22 PM »
TY toastie for understanding what I am trying to get through

toastie

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2009, 04:45:09 PM »
Dee, I think I know what is going on. Raheel wasn't very far off with her comments, but I think the game that GULC is playing is that either 1. They are waiting to see how many spaces they have after this week and then looking at our applications (which wouldn't make much sense because we applied EA first semester, therefore they already know our apps) or 2. they have already looked at our apps (which is most probable) and we seem like good candidates so they are holding our apps at "complete" till they figure out how many spots they have and hopefully give us good news. I honestly do not think that since we haven't heard back from them yet besides the fact that our apps are with adcom is a bad thing because if they were going to reject it, we would have gotten it a long time ago. Plus, i mean we applied EA first semester so there is no reason not to give us an answer earlier. If all these people are put on waitlists and preferred waitlist,the fact is we applied a lot earlier than them so we should have gotten an answer, but since we haven't and our status is set as "complete" and last updated since July 7th, I think we have a decent chance.

deexod

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2009, 04:55:00 PM »
Dee, I think I know what is going on. Raheel wasn't very far off with her comments, but I think the game that GULC is playing is that either 1. They are waiting to see how many spaces they have after this week and then looking at our applications (which wouldn't make much sense because we applied EA first semester, therefore they already know our apps) or 2. they have already looked at our apps (which is most probable) and we seem like good candidates so they are holding our apps at "complete" till they figure out how many spots they have and hopefully give us good news. I honestly do not think that since we haven't heard back from them yet besides the fact that our apps are with adcom is a bad thing because if they were going to reject it, we would have gotten it a long time ago. Plus, i mean we applied EA first semester so there is no reason not to give us an answer earlier. If all these people are put on waitlists and preferred waitlist,the fact is we applied a lot earlier than them so we should have gotten an answer, but since we haven't and our status is set as "complete" and last updated since July 7th, I think we have a decent chance.

I was RD and went decision 10 minutes ago with no access. Maybe he was right, either way he didn't demonstrate any reasoning besides they had a waitlist out.

gmasonlaw

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2009, 08:40:16 PM »
So, does everyone pretty much agree that being Complete as an EA Deferral right now is better than being Decision/Waitlisted?

raheeltransfers

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2009, 12:28:31 AM »
Toastie, I dont know why some are taking this personally. Let me qualify what I said is purely speculation - However, I think I am making some educated guesses. But even I hope I am wrong ! Even I hope that there are a ton of spaces available this moment and that they will be given to us. Because everyone here wants to get in GULC (including myself).

I agree with you in that GULC will wait until deposit deadlines (mid-july), then make offers based on how many spots remain available to be filled. And I completely concur that people that are complete, specially the ones that were "EA," have a VERY good chance. If anything, it is a good thing (to remain at complete). Because as you know, many regular applicants (non EA) have been WL or out right rejected. So that said, if someone is still "complete" and were a EA applicant, then that MUST mean that GULC likes something about them which holds them off from 1) rejecting, 2) wait-listing. My message was taken the wrong way. I truly was only trying to say that we are at the mercy of how many spots come available (aka how many people withdraw). I assure you that all of us here talking are very qualified people and really I hope each one of us can get in at GULC.

PS Recent update - Just today my friend who is at T1 top 4% in his class (applied regular cycle) went to "Decision" on the GULC website. And he has no access to the admitted student site. So who knows if he got accepted/rejected/waitlisted, but at least today he has no access to that site.

gmasonlaw

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2009, 08:25:36 PM »
Still "Complete."  Anyone know when the GULC seat deposit deadlines are?

raheeltransfers

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2009, 08:36:44 PM »
Yes, I was told Thursday, June 16. So may be next week we will hear something...?