Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Any GULC EA deferrals still "Complete"?  (Read 3147 times)

gmasonlaw

• View Profile
    • Email
Any GULC EA deferrals still "Complete"?
« on: July 06, 2009, 04:45:25 PM »
EA Deferral.  Still Complete on status checker.  Anyone in the same boat?

armyjag

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Any GULC EA deferrals still "Complete"?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2009, 07:06:26 PM »
i know of 1.
Proving there is redemption in this world...

gmasonlaw

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2009, 08:22:31 PM »
You think this is a bad or good omen?

Hdot

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2009, 11:03:50 PM »
Are you sure that all of your updated materials are in with the admissions office?  I applied EA and was deferred until my 2nd semester grades were in.  I called gulc to make sure all my info was in because my statuscheck had never changed from complete since March.  The admissions office informed me that they can't change that for EA applicants.  I am sure you are fine but it is worth a quick call imo.  It was at this time the admissions office also mentioned that my app was under review.  At the very least you will get more information than you currently have.

toastie

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2009, 12:51:16 AM »
I am also still stuck at complete as an EA deferred. It is weird because it says my file has been updated July 7th, but still has me at complete.

raheeltransfers

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2009, 01:02:49 AM »
Hi toastie, I know you're worried about this but let me tell you that you're not the only one in this situation, i know atleast three more. Many applied EA, and were deferred and then still Complete. I personally think being "complete" is a good sign. They have liked you so far and want to keep your file in the running. Many people, including some with stellar numbers, were dinged and some of them even applied RD -- which one would think should take longer to make decisions on since EA folks applied before them -- but thats not how it apparantly works at gulc. Also, I highly doubt any offers will be made either from the "complete" status group, or from the "waitlisted" group. This is because all seats are now taken. I know this is a discouraging news. GULC has started to waitlist people that they thought were qualified but they just dont have spots available.

what are your stats, have you applied to other DC area schools (GW/AU/GMU/MD)?

deexod

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2009, 06:53:49 AM »
This is because all seats are now taken.

Umm, how do you know this? Just because you got WL'ed doesn't mean its full..  ???

Hdot

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2009, 07:59:26 AM »
Hi toastie, I know you're worried about this but let me tell you that you're not the only one in this situation, i know atleast three more. Many applied EA, and were deferred and then still Complete. I personally think being "complete" is a good sign. They have liked you so far and want to keep your file in the running. Many people, including some with stellar numbers, were dinged and some of them even applied RD -- which one would think should take longer to make decisions on since EA folks applied before them -- but thats not how it apparantly works at gulc. Also, I highly doubt any offers will be made either from the "complete" status group, or from the "waitlisted" group. This is because all seats are now taken. I know this is a discouraging news. GULC has started to waitlist people that they thought were qualified but they just dont have spots available.

what are your stats, have you applied to other DC area schools (GW/AU/GMU/MD)?

This is such a ridiculous statement to make.  You have been posting on the boards constantly about gulc and the waitlist.  Based on your prior posts it is evident that you know nothing about how the system works.  gulc takes roughly 90 transfers a year, and many of the students apply to gulc as a "safety" school and have their hearts set on penn/nyu/columbia and other higher ranked schools.  All the seats are certainly not taken. 

For those of you still waiting, just be patient.  At least you are still in the game.  The admissions office can wait until other schools start rolling out decisions, which seems to be happening now, before they make more decisions with the hope that people will withdraw their apps.

raheeltransfers

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2009, 09:23:58 AM »
I'd rather not get into personal attacks here, but I must point out that when I said "seats are taken" -- by no stretch of English language that means " they wont become available later." So while what you said is true (that many folks who are relying on GULC as "safety," may withdraw later,) it does not change: all seats are taken; at least for now. And I can demonstrate this.

GULC has started to place students on waitlists and preferred waitlists - this is coming directly from GULC (not my speculation): The people who are placed on "preferred waiting list," (not just regular W/L) are the ones that are very qualified to get admitted, and the school wants them included in their transfer class. However, due to no space being available, they can't be offered a spot. I cant speak for others, but it is a reasonable inference that given applicants are already being placed on such a list, that all seats are taken, at least for now. Will some become vacant at sometime before classes start? We'd sure hope so! But this is a different topic that was not within the scope of my earlier statement. I am open to everyone's comments on likelihood of getting admitted from a waitlist/pwl. For others, who want to engage in personal attacks, please don't bother.

Thanks everyone!

This is such a ridiculous statement to make.  You have been posting on the boards constantly about gulc and the waitlist.  Based on your prior posts it is evident that you know nothing about how the system works.  gulc takes roughly 90 transfers a year, and many of the students apply to gulc as a "safety" school and have their hearts set on penn/nyu/columbia and other higher ranked schools.  All the seats are certainly not taken. 

For those of you still waiting, just be patient.  At least you are still in the game.  The admissions office can wait until other schools start rolling out decisions, which seems to be happening now, before they make more decisions with the hope that people will withdraw their apps.
[/quote]

deexod

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2009, 09:33:45 AM »

GULC has started to place students on waitlists and preferred waitlists - this is coming directly from GULC (not my speculation): The people who are placed on "preferred waiting list," (not just regular W/L) are the ones that are very qualified to get admitted, and the school wants them included in their transfer class. However, due to no space being available, they can't be offered a spot. I cant speak for others, but it is a reasonable inference that given applicants are already being placed on such a list, that all seats are taken, at least for now.

You still have yet to demonstrate this with any proof besides the fact you have gotten waitlisted. preferred or whatever it may be it does not mean that the people who are still complete are either denied or waitlisted seeing as how if they were wouldn't they already have a decision in then instead of just holding their app at complete.