Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: HELP Lawschool experts! Chances for 173/3.84  (Read 2626 times)

eiluj39

• View Profile
HELP Lawschool experts! Chances for 173/3.84
« on: July 06, 2009, 10:53:39 AM »
Hi everyone,
any thoughts on chances for 173 and 3.84 -Major in political science   ???

Cool Beans

• View Profile
Re: HELP Lawschool experts! Chances for 173/3.84
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2009, 11:15:48 AM »
Maybe you should consider other options.  I think your ability to serve as a functioning lawyer is minimal.  To be a lawyer, one needs 1) top notch logical reasoning skills, 2) to be self-motivated, and 3) resourceful. 

If you may have noticed there are *plenty* of helpful internet resources which allow you to paint an accurate picture of which schools you have a good shot of being admitted.  You simply plug in your GPA and LSAT and presto.  Sooo...  If you're unable to simply look at the medians at many schools, assess how you fit with this, and then make a determination - you have no logical reasoning skills.  If you want other people to simply analyze your GPA and LSAT, what more can anyone tell you than those computer programs.  Thus you are neither self-motivated nor resourceful. 

So ummmmmm, I would tell you some websites but it'd probably be a good first step for you to find them yourself.

Turkish Kebab Guy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2009, 11:18:30 AM »
Maybe you should consider other options.  I think your ability to serve as a functioning lawyer is minimal.  To be a lawyer, one needs 1) top notch logical reasoning skills, 2) to be self-motivated, and 3) resourceful. 

If you may have noticed there are *plenty* of helpful internet resources which allow you to paint an accurate picture of which schools you have a good shot of being admitted.  You simply plug in your GPA and LSAT and presto.  Sooo...  If you're unable to simply look at the medians at many schools, assess how you fit with this, and then make a determination - you have no logical reasoning skills.  If you want other people to simply analyze your GPA and LSAT, what more can anyone tell you than those computer programs.  Thus you are neither self-motivated nor resourceful. 

So ummmmmm, I would tell you some websites but it'd probably be a good first step for you to find them yourself.

Don't be so rough on the poor guy.  *You* failed to notice that he double majored in political science and East Asian Studies.  THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING!!!! YOU'LL GET IN EVERYWHERE YOU APPLY!!!!!!!!

Earl Fat

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2009, 11:19:52 AM »
It's impossible for anyone to tell you where you'll get into without knowing your personal statement and letters of recommendation.  Everyone knows that the PS and LORs are the most important parts of any application.  Schools barely look at the LSAT.

Alice.

• 30 years of service.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2009, 11:21:12 AM »

Hi everyone,
any thoughts on chances for 173 and 3.84 from Columbia?
Double-Major in political science and east asian studies  ???

You are not welcome at the Waffle House. 

BizarroWally

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2009, 11:58:50 AM »
You guys are being way to hard on this gentleman. Sir, all you said was chances, what schools were you considering? With your stellar numbers you should be able to sweep the T14 no problem. Personally if I were you I'd take a full ride at the best school that offers you one, it's widely known that career prospects for all of the top 25 schools are excellent and you should be able to get into any field of practice from any school in that range. Good luck sir, you obviously have bright future ahead of you!

Pardon Johnny's Stash.

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2009, 08:44:01 PM »
You guys are being way to hard on this gentleman. Sir, all you said was chances, what schools were you considering? With your stellar numbers you should be able to sweep the T14 no problem. Personally if I were you I'd take a full ride at the best school that offers you one, it's widely known that career prospects for all of the top 25 schools are excellent and you should be able to get into any field of practice from any school in that range. Good luck sir, you obviously have bright future ahead of you!

Who was that guy?