Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 3.72/150... New York Law School?  (Read 1042 times)

maripb

• View Profile
3.72/150... New York Law School?
« on: July 05, 2009, 12:04:04 PM »
3.72 gpa
150 lsat
been out of college for two years working at a bank

I'm not completely delusional with high expectations since a 150 lsat score isn't exactly stellar, but my GPA is pretty strong.  I am looking at New York Law School, Stetson, Campbell, and FSU (my reach school).  Just wondering if that's feasible.

Thank you!!

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
Re: 3.72/150... New York Law School?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2009, 03:48:24 PM »
I got into a bunch of T2 and even a T1 school with a 150 LSAT. BUT, and a big but, this was 4 years ago and I applied Part Time (back then they did not count PT LSAT for US News rankings). I would through some PT apps in there though, just to see what happens. Good luck, or re-take. It took me two tries and about 50k (long story) to get in to schools with my LSAT. Itís easier just to retake the LSAT if you can, was not really an option for me. 
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

hopeful1985

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2009, 04:02:02 PM »
^ I've told you before through PM and I'll tell you publicly here.. after reading this post and the other you recently made regarding accomodation testing and the struggles you had to go through (and continue to go through with prepping for your Bar exam) you are a real inspiration both to me and Im sure many members on this board.

Best of luck on your exam coming up! Im sure you'll do fine.

And also, Im not sure if you remember my predicament a while ago as well (last year), but I finally made it and got a 162 in June (not the greatest score when compared to other members here but similar to you I had to fight for mine and had a struggle of my own).

GOOD LUCK MATTHIES! :)

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2009, 04:09:48 PM »
^ I've told you before through PM and I'll tell you publicly here.. after reading this post and the other you recently made regarding accomodation testing and the struggles you had to go through (and continue to go through with prepping for your Bar exam) you are a real inspiration both to me and Im sure many members on this board.

Best of luck on your exam coming up! Im sure you'll do fine.

And also, Im not sure if you remember my predicament a while ago as well (last year), but I finally made it and got a 162 in June (not the greatest score when compared to other members here but similar to you I had to fight for mine and had a struggle of my own).

GOOD LUCK MATTHIES! :)

thanks man, and congrats on your 162, that's impressive even if you don't think so!
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2009, 07:17:02 PM »
Retake? You have a chance everywhere except FSU, but your LSAT is still lagging at all of your targets.
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.

Contract2008

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2009, 01:23:37 AM »
Retake? You have a chance everywhere except FSU, but your LSAT is still lagging at all of your targets.

Wait, he has a chance at New York Law School and Stetson with a 150? 

Isn't Campbell some kind of soup? 

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2009, 08:44:05 PM »

Wait, he has a chance at New York Law School and Stetson with a 150? 

Isn't Campbell some kind of soup? 

He has a chance, but not a real great one, at Stetson, and a decent shot at NYLS.

Campbell is indeed a soup, and it's also a semi-decent law school.
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.