Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: I am on the waitlist at my top choices and going for a visit need advice  (Read 660 times)

bigs5068

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
I am on the waitlist at Santa Clara and Chapman both of which I would really like to attend.  I am finally back in California so I can visit them, but I was just wanted to know if anybody has visited a school they were on the waitlist at.  Do I need to dress over the top nice bring a resume or anything. Just any experience or advice about this would be really helpful!

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
I did back during my cycle.  I wouldnt advice dressing up too much.  Khakis and a polo looks nice without it looking like you are overdoing it.  They should already have your resume, so I cannot see the point in bringing it unless you have updates.  Good luck!  I ended up getting off the waitlist at two of my top choices.  I hope you have the same luck!

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
Dress biz casual. Bring your checkbook. If you can talk to the dean of admsions say I'm ready to leave my despsit today, if you let me in, I really want to be here. This worked for me (in an e-mail though) they responded by saying your in, send us a check. Don't be afraid to say I would even defer for a year if you really mean it. Good luck!
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

bigs5068

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Thanks I like the checkbook idea what schools did you two get into and what date were you notified?

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
Thanks I like the checkbook idea what schools did you two get into and what date were you notified?

This was like 4 years ago, I'm already graduated and taking the bar in like, 24 days EEEEEKKKKKK. Schools like a no doubt accepatnce, if your on the waitlist and they don't even have to send out an offer and wait for the accepatnce its good for them/you if you say I'm ready here is my check I'll withdraw from all other schools this is where I want to be! So my suggestion is visit the number 1 school first try it, if does not work, try at number 2 school. Wrost they can say is no, but then they also know your seriouse so you might get some bump from that later on.
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Im in the same boat with Matthies...  Four years ago and now studying for the bar...

But, I got pulled off of GW's waitlist in May I believe.  I got off of Wake Forest's waitlist either during the end of july or early august I believe.  I have friends that got pulled from Harvard's last minute as well.  Most waitlist people are accepted after the deposits are due (there are two rounds of deposits at most schools) with a few being accepted last minute as people withdraw prior to classes starting.

bigs5068

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Yea I figured it would be after second deposits I'm just waiting patiently thanks for the advice!