Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 3.7/167 - Where to cast the net?  (Read 432 times)

bennyb330

3.7/167 - Where to cast the net?
« on: July 03, 2009, 03:58:23 PM »
167/3.7, top-tier liberal arts college, Phi Beta Kappa, 2 years work experience as a paralegal in an executive agency, and co-authored a work in a professional political science journal (I would consider these to be the primary soft factors I'd sell -- yes, I know they don't matter.)

I'd like to work in D.C..  I'd also like to have some options in the T-14, if possible.  What's everyone's take on my options as I stand?  Re-taking might make sense...

P.S. - I posted earlier saying that Cornell would be my top-choice.  It still would be, but I'm interested in other options.

violaboy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: 3.7/167 - Where to cast the net?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2009, 11:35:28 AM »
You could get into Cornell with those numbers.  If you are interested in DC, you'd also get into GW, but probably not Georgetown.  As for the T14, you could get into Duke as well.

bennyb330

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2009, 04:15:50 PM »
Any other opinions?  How much of a "lock" would you say GW is?  I know they offer full tuition scholarschips to those admitted under early decision - I think that would be hard to pass up.

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2009, 05:12:46 PM »
You'd definitely get into GW and Id imagine you would be close to a full ride.  I cannot see you not getting in to G-town either.  Id try UVA as well.  Caste your net wide.  You have great numbers, but it is really random.