Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Ds on transcript!!!!!!  (Read 887 times)

banchu

• View Profile
Ds on transcript!!!!!!
« on: July 03, 2009, 12:41:54 PM »

Hello,

I'm curious as to know how much schools weigh individual grades.  My gpa is a 3.3/3.6 undergrad and masters.  One the surface it's not too unbearably awful, but I have had two Ds in my undergrad and one in my master's program.  Will they take letter grades into consideration??

Thank you for your help and input!! 

contrarian

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Ds on transcript!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2009, 02:11:04 PM »

Hello,

I'm curious as to know how much schools weigh individual grades.  My gpa is a 3.3/3.6 undergrad and masters.  One the surface it's not too unbearably awful, but I have had two Ds in my undergrad and one in my master's program.  Will they take letter grades into consideration??

Yes, you're screwed.  Nobody wants a lawyer to represent them in a bankruptcy case when they got a D in physics, and the schools only accept people whom they know will be fine upstanding attorneys that are bankable.    I recommend a career in HVAC repair or diesel mechanics for you.

Jamie Stringer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: Ds on transcript!!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2009, 12:45:28 PM »

Hello,

They'll look primarily at your GPA as a whole and not really at individual classes.  There might have been a way to mitigate the Ds in UG, but a D in a grad program looks pretty awful, to be honest.  I think that will weigh more negatively on your application than the 2 Ds in UG.
Quote from: Tim Mitchell

F*cking bi+ch drinks a 1 oz bottle of goose and thinks she's French