Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 3.1/164 GPA any scholarship hopes?  (Read 2545 times)

Contract2008

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: 3.1/164 GPA any scholarship hopes?
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2009, 04:35:06 PM »
I'm looking at UMiami, Florida International.  I also might go north to West Virginia University, Duquesne, or Pitt. Any hope of scholarships at these schools?

You should throw in FSU and Stetson (hopeing for scholarship) if you want to stay in Florida.

How about GSU? 

I am in South Florida, so FSU, Stetson, and certainly GSU would require a move.  The only reason I would consider West Virginia is because I have family up there.

What about Miami or FIU?  Any guesses as to the money I might receive at those two with my numbers?  Also WVU is tight with money?  Is there a web site or some other place I could go to get a general idea of scholarship money I might get at particular schools?

Don't choose FIU over FSU, especially when you're a Florida resident.  Just move to Tallahassee for 3 years.  The cost and the moving is worth it.   UM is way too expensive, unless they give you significant amount of $$$. 

mtbrider59

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2009, 05:26:07 PM »
I think the only real way to know if they'll pay is to apply, though I'd base your decision more on where you want to practice, rather than who'll pay. If you'd like to practice near family in West Virginia, the WVU's probably the better choice. If you want to eventually live and practice in Florida, the one of the Florida schools is probably the better choice

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2009, 08:22:39 PM »
I'm looking at UMiami, Florida International.  I also might go north to West Virginia University, Duquesne, or Pitt. Any hope of scholarships at these schools?

You should throw in FSU and Stetson (hopeing for scholarship) if you want to stay in Florida.

How about GSU? 

I am in South Florida, so FSU, Stetson, and certainly GSU would require a move.  The only reason I would consider West Virginia is because I have family up there.

What about Miami or FIU?  Any guesses as to the money I might receive at those two with my numbers?  Also WVU is tight with money?  Is there a web site or some other place I could go to get a general idea of scholarship money I might get at particular schools?

lawschoolnumbers.com is the place to go to see what people are getting.

FSU would be the best choice, but failing that, Miami will probably give you some cash for the 164.
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.