Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Northwestern Anyone?  (Read 2560 times)

;;;;;

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Northwestern Anyone?
« on: June 30, 2009, 05:03:54 PM »
Anyone apply to Northwestern?  I suuuure did...I think we are supposed to hear by July 15th.
"Don't read what they write about you, just measure it in inches."  Andy Warhol

upgrade

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Northwestern Anyone?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2009, 05:46:20 PM »
As did I. 

oscar1

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2009, 02:02:35 PM »
I applied too. I saw on the TransferApps board on Yahoo Groups that they usually let admits know around July 10.  I really hope so as I got into Michigan and need to reply by July 15... Have any of your friends heard one way or the other about their transfer apps there?

ToTransferOrNot

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2009, 06:24:59 PM »
I applied too. I saw on the TransferApps board on Yahoo Groups that they usually let admits know around July 10.  I really hope so as I got into Michigan and need to reply by July 15... Have any of your friends heard one way or the other about their transfer apps there?

Would you take Northwestern over Michigan? I don't see the motivation to do that, unless you really just can't stand the idea of living in Ann Arbor for two years.

oscar1

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2009, 03:37:11 PM »
Which do you think is better?

The more I look into it, the more I like Michigan, but my signif other is in Chicago and it would be easy if I got into NU so I could stay here. I 75% will work in Chicago afterward, so I kind of feel like there is not a whole lot of difference between UM and NU for the Chicago market (though I understand it gets bigger if you want to leave Chicago for NYC, DC, etc.)

yoshimi

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2009, 03:17:47 PM »
same thing here, just got the northwestern email this morning, 7/17 deposit $750
I probably will go michigan since both schools offer need-based grant (I suppose they offer the same money since they all use needaccess, but could someone verify?), but I'm still considering.  So far only knows not going back to DC

upgrade

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2009, 03:30:10 PM »
Congrats on the acceptance!  When did you get the email and what are your stats yoshimi, if you don't mind revealing them? 

same thing here, just got the northwestern email this morning, 7/17 deposit $750
I probably will go michigan since both schools offer need-based grant (I suppose they offer the same money since they all use needaccess, but could someone verify?), but I'm still considering.  So far only knows not going back to DC

deexod

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2009, 05:08:13 PM »

Michigan's deadline is the 15th to let them know yay or neh?

upgrade

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2009, 05:13:24 PM »

Michigan's deadline is the 15th to let them know yay or neh?

The 31st is the absolute deadline.  The 15th is the deadline for participation in OCI.  The check has to be in their hands by the 15th, not merely postmarked by the 15th.

ToTransferOrNot

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2009, 07:49:37 PM »
lol, if the 15th is the deadline for participation in OCI, the 15th is the deadline :D