Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Affirmative Action Voted Illegal  (Read 3834 times)

new2law

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Affirmative Action Voted Illegal
« on: June 29, 2009, 10:41:42 PM »
I know that in Michigan(and I believe California too) that affirmative action was voted illegal. I remember a bunch of overweight black woman on the news protesting but the court of appeals denied it. They then tried to allow the schools themselves to on an indivigual basis allow white and male discrimination but were denied. Everytime the news asked a in shape black male or a woman in general they were either ok with the idea or at least not insane. I know that not all overweight black woman are crazy but why does the news and the movies (every movie with a large black woman ever made for example) make them out to be insane? Mabey I've just been in the woods too long but its hard to think of an entire group of people being that nuts.

Sorry got off topic there, anways has anyone heard of other states leaning towards the making it illegal too? Michigan has a lot of URM downstate and even they for the most part voted against it. Its time to move on, if you score a D grade you dont deserve an A just becuase you have a different sex organ and a natural tan. At least according to the voting polls.

nealric

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • a.k.a. Miguel Sanchez
    • View Profile
Re: Affirmative Action Voted Illegal
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2009, 10:59:07 PM »
Affirmative action as a whole was not held to be unconstitutional- only specific affirmative action programs by certain government entities were held to be unconstitutional.

You also need to distinguish between public and private affirmative action. If you own a business and want to do quota based affirmative action, you are free to do it. It's only the government that can't do it.
Georgetown Law Graduate

Chief justice Earl Warren wasn't a stripper!
Now who's being naive?

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2009, 11:08:33 PM »
I believe the OP is referring to Prop 209 (California), the so-called Michigan Civil Rights Initiative, and Initiative 200 (Washington State).  I'm going to stay out of the rest.
That's cool how you referenced a case.

Quote from: archival
I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

Jamie Stringer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2009, 12:02:46 AM »
I know that in Michigan(and I believe California too) that affirmative action was voted illegal. I remember a bunch of overweight black woman on the news protesting but the court of appeals denied it. They then tried to allow the schools themselves to on an indivigual basis allow white and male discrimination but were denied. Everytime the news asked a in shape black male or a woman in general they were either ok with the idea or at least not insane. I know that not all overweight black woman are crazy but why does the news and the movies (every movie with a large black woman ever made for example) make them out to be insane? Mabey I've just been in the woods too long but its hard to think of an entire group of people being that nuts.

Sorry got off topic there, anways has anyone heard of other states leaning towards the making it illegal too? Michigan has a lot of URM downstate and even they for the most part voted against it. Its time to move on, if you score a D grade you dont deserve an A just becuase you have a different sex organ and a natural tan. At least according to the voting polls.

Quote from: Tim Mitchell

F*cking bi+ch drinks a 1 oz bottle of goose and thinks she's French

oceansmarine

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2009, 04:02:09 PM »
To challenge your denial of admissions, you must reference The proposal that was brought forward within the state of Texas that the DOJ now has - DJ 169-73-0  (dated: April 5th 2005)

If you truely beleive that you have been discriminated against, you can now challenge your claim

Reference Article:  Fixing law school admissions (Google and click on web)  2008 Posts by the Wesleyan Argus Paper 

new2law

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2009, 09:34:08 PM »
what makes it the worst post? Is it how I expressed my being offended of media bias? Was it how I stated facts on votes that were made and laws passed(God forbid) was it how I expressed my personal opinion that even though my daughter has colored skin and is a girl she should have to actually score an A to get an A? Which part offends you the most, or do you just like to pull the race card when it isn't justfied? Crying Wolf brings down the value of a true wolf attack you know.

new2law

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2009, 09:53:13 PM »
poor grammer, half the guys posting on this site use ain't or refer to themselves in third person. Its a forum not a textbook its fine.

What makes it "self rightous"? You may hold your family to a lower standard but that just is being a bad dad to oppress your kids by setting the bar low.

what makes it the worst post? 

Poor grammar/punctuation, ham-fisted analysis, and obnoxious self-righteousness.