Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Would appreciate everyone's help, GULC Status Change to Decision  (Read 1915 times)

highhopes967

• View Profile
Hey everyone.

I applied to GULC EA and got deferred. My school was late with grades, so they sent me an email around the 15th telling me to send out my grades. I did just as well this semester (3.7 overall, school it 60-70's).

The status checker just changed to decision, and I am able to access the admitted students website at this time. I am taking that as a sign I got in, but I want to get everyone's perspective, do you think I got in. Status checker changed to decision on the 26th of June. I have not gotten any other emails however.

If these questions seem silly, the reason I want other people's input is because I am halfway around the world overseas until August 2nd. Please give me feedback, I appreciate it a lot, good luck to all.

new2law

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Would appreciate everyone's help, GULC Status Change to Decision
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2009, 04:36:31 AM »
Why you overseas and what area? You military or just taking the summer off touring Europe?
The farthest that I've been this summer so far is the next county over to fish. I'm jealous.  :)

As for your school I say call or email their admissions dept. they should be the best source of information on that. Have you gotten an offical letter of admissions in the mail yet? If not, you might still be in but you need to contact them for them to tell you for sure. With Cooley I had a student id# during the application stage too so it might be like that.

let us know what they tell you. I hope that it is good news.  ;D

Naked Promise

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2009, 09:50:20 AM »
My understanding is that if you can access the admitted students site then that means you got in. GULC doesn't send decisions via e-mail (they are pretty pedantic about that policy) so the only other way you'd find out is via snail mail.

statuscheck

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2009, 04:32:14 PM »
you are in no doubt. i was also deferred, went to decision recently and had access to admitted students site. strangely enough i am also overseas. I had Georgetown send the letter to my parents, and I heard from them today that the acceptance letter arrived. Congratulations.

upgrade

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2009, 04:55:05 PM »
You were accepted most likely.  I didn't get in the first round of ED, but did with the second round and obtained access along with the group of people who were offered admission.

gmasonlaw

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2009, 09:47:50 PM »
Any EA deferrals still waiting for Decision?  My status check is still Complete  >:(

armyjag

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2009, 11:30:41 PM »
I'm waiting. 
Proving there is redemption in this world...

highhopes967

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2009, 11:44:51 PM »
Thanks for all the responses.

I got an email later about the early interview program for Employers. It referenced the admitted students site. All things point towards admission, but as a personal policy, I won't be truly convinced until the letter is in my hand. A lot of important decisions to make in the next coming weeks. Good luck everyone, and congratulations.

impatiently waiting

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2009, 12:37:53 AM »
Deferred EA, just changed to decision without access to admitted students site. I am very bitter. Feel free to send me a private message if you want to vent about not getting into a school. I will be happy to commiserate and talk sh*t.

deexod

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2009, 01:31:22 AM »
Deferred EA, just changed to decision without access to admitted students site. I am very bitter. Feel free to send me a private message if you want to vent about not getting into a school. I will be happy to commiserate and talk sh*t.

Stats... if you dont mind me asking :( sorry