Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: dumped b/c of law school?  (Read 732 times)

Advocate

• View Profile
dumped b/c of law school?
« on: June 28, 2009, 05:07:54 PM »
So, I was dumped expressly because I'm in LS (thus busy and w/o present income).  Apparently, I'm in a relationship with LS and should have dropped out if . . .. Meh.  This must be fairly common -- maybe even a right of passage for law students. It stings though. Have any of you ever been similarly dis'd on account of LS? Commiseration would be welcomed.

dbgirl

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • KnowTheTruth
Re: dumped b/c of law school!
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2009, 05:09:29 PM »
It's not uncommon.  Law school tests relationships.
I thought I had a great relationship ... then I went to law school.
When you have somebody dying because they are poor and black or poor and white or because of whatever they are ... that erases everything that's great about this country.

-TMcGraw

http://www.wm3.org/splash.php

SEC_2L

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: dumped b/c of law school?
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2009, 07:12:33 PM »

I had friend in my study group spring semester whose WIFE literally just left him out of nowhere about a month before finals for, apparently, similar reasons...just brutal. I don't know how he kept it together like he did...

RobWreck

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: dumped b/c of law school?
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2009, 07:19:48 AM »
So, I was dumped expressly because I'm in LS (thus busy and w/o present income).  Apparently, I'm in a relationship with LS and should have dropped out if . . .. Meh.  This must be fairly common -- maybe even a right of passage for law students. It stings though. Have any of you ever been similarly dis'd on account of LS? Commiseration would be welcomed.

She did you a favor... if she doesn't have the patience or maturity to understand and accept the requirements of law school, then you're better off without her. The best thing you can do is accept this, move on and forget about her...
Sorry,
Rob

PS: The second best thing you can is land a BIGLaw job after graduation and wave goodbye as you roll past her place with the top down in your new Mercedes SL65 AMG Roadster.  ;)
St. John's University School of Law '11
Part-time PM Division
Admitted in NY