Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: giving birth during the LSAT exam.  (Read 5601 times)

Scentless Apprentice

• Sr. Citizen
  • My ego isnt LSD strong but I still want to play.
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
Re: giving birth during the LSAT exam.
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2009, 04:58:27 PM »
I had a stroke while I was having a baby during the Dec. 08 LSAT. 164.
Birds of a feather flock together.

LSN

new2law

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2009, 01:05:19 AM »
haha......Did a unicorn rush you to the hospital too? :-\

I had a stroke while I was having a baby during the Dec. 08 LSAT. 164.

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2009, 09:42:13 AM »
Did it bother you, or are you one of those people who aren't fazed by much?  :)

It bothered me, I almost threw up, one of those when someone barfs you start to barf. We also had a proctor who stuttered and it took a long time for her to read the instructions so girl freaked out screamed and stormed out of the room. I look at it like this, *&^% happens. Its going to happen, its never gonna be perfect exam conditions at least not for me. As most know on here I got dyslexia pretty bad, thatís a problem, but again complaining about it is not going to change the fact I got it nor make it go away during the test. So I figure go with the flow. In law school we had all sorts of *&^% happen during tests, power goes out, fire alarms, computer crashes, I just deal with it as it comes up and try my best not to let it rattle me becuase I know I got bigger issues to deal with myself.
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

UnbiasedObserver

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2009, 11:44:13 AM »
It bothered me, I almost threw up, one of those when someone barfs you start to barf. We also had a proctor who stuttered and it took a long time for her to read the instructions so girl freaked out screamed and stormed out of the room. I look at it like this, poo happens. Its going to happen, its never gonna be perfect exam conditions at least not for me. As most know on here I got dyslexia pretty bad, thatís a problem, but again complaining about it is not going to change the fact I got it nor make it go away during the test. So I figure go with the flow. In law school we had all sorts of poo happen during tests, power goes out, fire alarms, computer crashes, I just deal with it as it comes up and try my best not to let it rattle me becuase I know I got bigger issues to deal with myself.

I see, I see.  I'm also the type of person that goes with the flow, and realizes that "stuff" happens in life.

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2009, 12:38:54 PM »
It bothered me, I almost threw up, one of those when someone barfs you start to barf. We also had a proctor who stuttered and it took a long time for her to read the instructions so girl freaked out screamed and stormed out of the room. I look at it like this, poo happens. Its going to happen, its never gonna be perfect exam conditions at least not for me. As most know on here I got dyslexia pretty bad, thatís a problem, but again complaining about it is not going to change the fact I got it nor make it go away during the test. So I figure go with the flow. In law school we had all sorts of poo happen during tests, power goes out, fire alarms, computer crashes, I just deal with it as it comes up and try my best not to let it rattle me becuase I know I got bigger issues to deal with myself.

I see, I see.  I'm also the type of person that goes with the flow, and realizes that "stuff" happens in life.

I also tend to expect it I guess. Like on the bar, Iím expecting something will go wrong because it seems to every year (car wonít start, bad traffic, AC not working in exam, power goes out, someone freaks out, someone trips over your power cords and your laptop goes shooting across the room) so I just expect it will happen then when something does happen Iím at least mentally prepared for it and it does not bug me for long once its happened. Iíd rather expect the unexpected and get over it quickly then assume everything is going to go to plan and get frazzled when it does not.
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

UnbiasedObserver

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2009, 12:55:10 PM »
Iíd rather expect the unexpected and get over it quickly then assume everything is going to go to plan and get frazzled when it does not.

Exactly.  You must've been a boy scout!  :D

new2law

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2009, 01:16:08 PM »
Reminds me of when I was a kid at the zoo. One rhino poos, the one behind it sniffs it thinks about it and poos.

[/quote]

UnbiasedObserver

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2009, 01:22:43 PM »
Reminds me of when I was a kid at the zoo. One rhino poos, the one behind it sniffs it thinks about it and poos.

Haha. 

jrw

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2010, 02:55:36 PM »
If I ever give birth I'll make sure to let you know. ;)

Has anyone heard of someone having a medical emergency(birth, stroke,ect.) during the test? Do they cancel it for everyone then due to the stress or how do they handle that?

In reference to your question, check out this other post.

http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/lsat-horror-stories/seizure-during-lsat/