Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: giving birth during the LSAT exam.  (Read 5588 times)

new2law

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
giving birth during the LSAT exam.
« on: June 27, 2009, 06:40:15 AM »
I think this might count as an LSAT horor story for this section,

On the night before the LSAT my wife started having what we assumed were false labor pains since she had them several times before. We still took her to the hospital and I stayed up all night with her(tried to sleep in the chair in the room but didnt do much good other than to rest my legs) the doc told me that it was looking like false labor again and that it was safe to go downstate for my exam at CMU e hours drive away from the hospital. So I went and of course have to turn off the cellphone.

I am still exusted taking the test since I worked a 12 hour shift the day before the test too before going to the hospital :P but somehow pulled a passing score(barely). As I left the building I turned on the cellphone which take a few minutes to load up all the way. Then I hear that buzz sound that means that I have voicemail. Literally a dozen voicemails from the wife, various family members telling me to hurry up and that she started to go into labor about 2 minutes after I had turned off my phone origionally to enter the LSAT testing area. :o (remember how many hours the test takes) I freak out and call back as I drive with everyone telling me that its too late and that I will miss it. I pass a cop doing 99/70. He pulls me over(obviously) and sees what must have been a look that he reconised in my eyes. He didnt even question my story and cut me some slack, still got a ticket but not the "reckless" ticket due to the high amount over the limit that I could have gotten.

I end up getting up north in time with about 20 minutes to spare before the little princess came out. You know how im movies they have to spank a kid to make them cry? Did you know that a baby can open its eyes and start screaming at the top of its lungs to get out when only the head is out, not even shoulders? I didnt think that was medically possible but I saw it with my own eyes. Little stinker couldn't wait even an extra minute to start trouble.  :-*   My wife had a few pain killers in her and actually assumed the kid was all the way out when she heard the screaming. She got mad when we tried telling her that only the head was out, when she didnt believe we all started laughing and she thought we were pulling a joke on her. The doctor finally had to explain it to her and she went back to pushing when told.

Needless to say quite the experience that day. Good thing that I was a truck driver at that point(and didnt loose my license due to the ticket) so that I was used to sleep loss and drama. To this day every time she gets a chance, my wife brings up how I almost missed it(in a loving kidding type of way) she understood that the phone had to be off, her mom and grandparents didnt even know that I was taking the test though and were in my grill about it for awhile. When I said "law school admission test" they assumed that I might as well have been blaming a UFO abduction.  ::)

Naked Promise

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: giving birth during the LSAT exam.
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2009, 08:59:53 AM »
I thought you were going to say some woman actually gave birth during the LSAT in the testing room. That would be a cool story. Yours is good too though. =)

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2009, 10:57:34 AM »
I thought you were going to say some woman actually gave birth during the LSAT in the testing room.

espicaaly if she just kept on taking the exam too
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

UnbiasedObserver

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2009, 02:33:34 PM »
I thought you were going to say some woman actually gave birth during the LSAT in the testing room. That would be a cool story. Yours is good too though. =)

I was expecting the same story!  :D

new2law

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2009, 04:27:05 PM »
If I ever give birth I'll make sure to let you know. ;)

Has anyone heard of someone having a medical emergency(birth, stroke,ect.) during the test? Do they cancel it for everyone then due to the stress or how do they handle that?

UnbiasedObserver

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2009, 06:41:03 PM »
I've never heard of that happening, and who knows what they would do then!

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2009, 10:22:33 AM »
If I ever give birth I'll make sure to let you know. ;)

Has anyone heard of someone having a medical emergency(birth, stroke,ect.) during the test? Do they cancel it for everyone then due to the stress or how do they handle that?

The girl sitting behind me threw up on her desk, they moved us but did not give us any extra time or anything
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

UnbiasedObserver

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2009, 10:43:16 AM »

The girl sitting behind me threw up on her desk, they moved us but did not give us any extra time or anything

That's intense, and a shame (for her and everybody else).

Did you complain to the LSAC? 

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2009, 11:13:06 AM »

That's intense, and a shame (for her and everybody else).

Did you complain to the LSAC? 

no

UnbiasedObserver

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2009, 12:07:55 PM »
Did it bother you, or are you one of those people who aren't fazed by much?  :)