Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: UC Berkely online courses.  (Read 1205 times)

new2law

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
UC Berkely online courses.
« on: June 26, 2009, 02:15:05 PM »
I noticed that US Berkely and other schools that have ABA law schools are doing online courses now. I know a lot of students who apply to law school dont think that online law students have as much of a chance at getting in to ABA schools, but if you degree was from the same school that you were apply to enter JD programs, then wouldnt they be cool with it being online since it was from them to begin with?

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
Re: UC Berkely online courses.
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2009, 02:40:50 PM »
I don’t think you will ever see a completely online law school that gets ABA approval. But I know two schools, Thomas Jefferson and I think Alabama offer completely online LL.Ms now. I took two online classes in law school, both on EU law taught by EU law professors. I really liked the online classes. If your self motivated and don’t really need the professor to explain the concepts to you they are great. If my school had offered more I would have taken them, was nice to not have to be “in class” at a certain time and be able to do it whenever I had free time.
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.