Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Why do some online lawschools require an LSAT?  (Read 1595 times)

new2law

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Why do some online lawschools require an LSAT?
« on: June 26, 2009, 02:10:50 PM »
I noticed that some(but not all) online law schools require that you sit the lsat. My issue with this is two fold.
1) Since only some require it then clearly it is not a state bar requirment.
2) If there is no minimal score(just taking it is required) then why bother with it at all?
Afterall if someone sat down with their name and left the rest blank and got a 120 that would be good enough for the online law schools that want you to sit it. So why do it at all if its not a licensing requirment and the score dosnt matter?

NYCFed

• View Profile
Re: Why do some online lawschools require an LSAT?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2009, 07:26:00 PM »
It's probably like those "aptitude tests" for correspondance art schools where you have to draw a turtle or something of that nature.  Or commission based sales jobs where after your "interview" they split the group up, then tell each group they've been "selected," giving the illusion that the others were not.
It's there to present a stronger image of legitimacy (trying to be somewhat diplomatic with my words...)

omnipotens

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2009, 07:46:26 PM »
It's there to present a stronger image of legitimacy (trying to be somewhat diplomatic with my words...)

Along those same lines, maybe it is to get some numbers so that they can start making an argument for accredidation? If they have good numbers...blah...blah....blah ....

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2009, 08:21:05 PM »
It's probably like those "aptitude tests" for correspondance art schools where you have to draw a turtle or something of that nature. 

Tippy the Turtle! I totally drew him and sent it in. They wrote back and said maybe art was not my best path.  :-[
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

new2law

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2009, 11:51:00 PM »
seriously? I thought they took anyone who applied. Is that when you decided to go to law school instead?

It's probably like those "aptitude tests" for correspondance art schools where you have to draw a turtle or something of that nature. 

Tippy the Turtle! I totally drew him and sent it in. They wrote back and said maybe art was not my best path.  :-[