Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Reapply? Retake?  (Read 325 times)

prospectivelaw27

• View Profile
Reapply? Retake?
« on: June 26, 2009, 11:23:21 AM »
So, I've been looking around at the statistics and with my LSDAS GPA: 3.65 (Ivy) and LSAT: 172 (Oct. '08) it places me borderline at many of the T14. I DO want to apply this cycle, however, if the results aren't promising, would it be OK to reapply next year? I understand that people advise against reapplying that soon afterwards, especially if nothing changes in your app, which is why I'd think I'd retake the LSAT. During my first administration, the girl next to me whispered to herself as she went through the first two sections. I told her to stop, after the 1st section, to which she continued, and then finally left the test after the 2nd section. Did I feel bad? Sure...but it was pretty ridiculous. Anyways, my score report reflected her talking, as I got all of my 7 questions wrong in those 1st two sections (LR and RC). This doesn't seem like enough to write an addendum for, but I do think that I can score higher than a 172, which would seem to help my application. Any feedback would be great. I know it sounds absurd to consider retaking with a 172, but the stats do show that holding all else constant, a higher LSAT score would increase my chances quite a bit. ***My prelaw counselor advised me agianst retaking, or else I would have highly considered taking it again this past June...

hopefulsplitter28

• View Profile
Re: Reapply? Retake?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2009, 04:03:04 PM »
I think you have a decent chance at the T14's...I would apply and only retake if you weren't accepted (which I doubt).

violaboy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Reapply? Retake?
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2009, 05:40:01 PM »
You have a fantastic chance of getting in everyone outside of the top 5, and even then, a great chance of getting into Columbia/NYU.  HYS are a little out of reach, but you have great stats.