Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

Considering all aspects of my situation, is there any hope of me getting a 150 plus on the September 2009 LSAT?

Yes
Maybe
No

Author Topic: I got a 137 on my LSATs. I'm bummed...should have cancelled.  (Read 6405 times)

big - fat - box

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: I got a 137 on my LSATs. I'm bummed...should have cancelled.
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2009, 02:52:03 PM »
Definitely get a class AND a private tutor if you can afford it. Buy a timer. I would forget about September. 12 practice tests isn't that much. If you really did this poorly, you are going to need several months of serious preparation and are going to need to do 40 or more practice exams.

visualverificationfailure

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2009, 04:53:19 PM »
I think private tutors can help a lot. Some people are just not wired for the LSAT because they do not have a strong background in logic, math or science. A class just might not be right for you. I know I read here that private tutors cost a fortune, but with this economy, lots of people are doing it for what they would get paid--not for what a  middle man company charges. $30-50 an hour or even less with package deals.

There are telephone tutors too, so location is not important if you have a cell phone with a good plan. Part of it is teaching the LSAT, part of it is coaching and training just like it was a championship sporting event. Try to look outside the box for affordable solutions--CL,your local university, 2Ls and 3Ls who did well and need the extra $$$$$$, even practicing lawyers need some $$$ these days :)

LuLuLaw

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2009, 10:41:58 PM »
I signed up for a class with PowerScore. Should I have opted for a personal tutor instead? Its too late to get a refund.  I self-studied and did horrible I figured to try a class this time.

nima26

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2009, 06:44:09 PM »
Take the class.  You may do better being in a restricted enviornment AND you can ask questions.  It also helps to see other people just as confused as you.

Contract2008

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2009, 07:01:44 PM »
If you took more than 10 prep tests and still score under 140, there is a problem.  Statistically, people who do poor on LSAT have big problem passing the bar. 

I read it somewhere that most blacks don't pass the bar on their first try.  This is due to affirmative action where low LSAT blacks are being admitted.  It doesn't matter what the color of your skin is, if you do poorly on the LSAT, chance are you will have problem passing the bar exam.  Keep in mind that if you fail the bar exam twice, that's a whole year of time passed, since the bar is offered twice a year. 

dashrashi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2009, 01:32:45 AM »
What, did Ricci give you a boner, so now you're wandering all over the board, trying to pick an affirmative action fight with someone, anyone?

GTFA.
This sig kills fascists.

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=dashrashi

Saw dashrashi's LSN site. Since she seems to use profanity, one could say that HYP does not necessarily mean class or refinement.

non parata est

• Sr. Citizen
  • buh??
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2009, 03:09:58 AM »
I was uncomfortable with your post, until I read this:

It doesn't matter what the color of your skin is

That's beautiful.  I bet your black friend loves when you say things like that, huh?
Quote from: Lionel Hutz, Esq.
Well he's had it in for me ever since I kinda ran over his dog... Well, replace the word "kinda" with "repeatedly" and the word "dog" with "son."

LuLuLaw

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2009, 09:12:45 AM »
I read it somewhere that most blacks don't pass the bar on their first try.  This is due to affirmative action where low LSAT blacks are being admitted.  It doesn't matter what the color of your skin is, if you do poorly on the LSAT, chance are you will have problem passing the bar exam.  Keep in mind that if you fail the bar exam twice, that's a whole year of time passed, since the bar is offered twice a year. 

I was going to report him when I read this. It made me pretty uncomfortable too, but you are entitled to your own BS opinions and beliefs.

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2009, 04:09:27 PM »
If you took more than 10 prep tests and still score under 140, there is a problem.  Statistically, people who do poor on LSAT have big problem passing the bar. 

Well said.
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2009, 04:09:51 PM »
Also, poll is missing an option.
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.