Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 170 last October, 177 this June!  (Read 2109 times)

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: 170 last October, 177 this June!
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2009, 07:46:53 PM »
I took the LSAT last October and got a 170. I thought I could do better, so I studied again and got a 177 this June. I'm obviously really happy with my score, but what happens now? Supposedly, LSAC says to consider the highest score now, but certain law schools still claim to average the scores and ask for an addendum if there is a significant score increase. I feel my score increase is pretty significant, but I don't really know what to include in an addendum. I honestly think I did better because it was a noon test rather than a morning test (I barely got three hours of sleep before the October test) and because it wasn't during the school year so I could focus better on the LSAT. Are these valid things to include in an addendum? I didn't cancel my first score because I still thought I did decently, which I did.

I would do an addendum and only say the following:
"177>170"

That way they figure it out.

Congrats on the change!  I debated retaking mine but nixed it on the chance i wouldnt bring it up.  Congrats on your success and on taking the chance!

MAcc2007

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2009, 08:06:58 PM »
Thanks, everyone.

I've also been kind of against addenda, which do just sound like excuses. I guess I won't be including one =)

I would agree it would make sense not to write one, especially in light of the fact that you did well enough on your first test that every school would likely have considered you anyway.

AtlasLSATMike

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2009, 05:56:23 PM »
Congrats! That  is an awesome score, especially considering how hard this latest exam was!

Beantown861

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2009, 07:27:46 PM »
Give me a break.  It's like getting 3 more questions right.  170 might get you into HLS, and 177 probably will get you into HLS.  This is not an issue, and someone as bright as you, should know that writing an addendum would probably not help you, although I can't say for sure whether it would hurt.  Congrats though.

Gambit

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2009, 04:13:23 AM »
Congrats! That  is an awesome score, especially considering how hard this latest exam was!

Mike--Congratulations to you too!! This was your first real breakthrough as a shill.

Rule #2: Hand out congratulations whenever possible.

There's no better way to ingratiate yourself with the posters on this board, and the fact that you've hit upon this so early in your shilling career shows that you've got the right instincts (unlike that other Atlas shill named Noah). It's critical to create a persona of an all-around nice guy and good fella. Plus, you scored bonus credibility points by not mentioning the name of your startup company in this post.--Gambit