Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 120 on the LSAT  (Read 9702 times)

Contract2008

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: 120 on the LSAT
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2009, 07:32:30 PM »
California, where else

http://www.peoplescollegeoflaw.edu/

What are their students' mediat LSAT and GPA?  Do we know its bar passage rate?

Pop Up Video

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2009, 07:38:01 PM »
They don't take the LSAT. I don't know about the rest.

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2009, 09:18:58 PM »
No LSAT required. Just a "dedication to their mission" or some *&^% like that. Don't think your GPA matters much either.

One of the requirements is that you work for the school for 40 hours per year, basically a community service sort of requirement. I've heard tales of people being made to do small scale construction and electrical work around the school when the school finds out they know how to. Tip top stuff.

Seriously, poke around their site for a bit. It should keep you LOLing for at least a half hour.

From Wikipedia, here's the bit about their bar passage rate:

People's College of Law has recently announced that statistics published by the State Bar indicate that 50% of graduates taking the July 2007 Bar Exam for the first time passed. However, it is based on one student actually passing the bar of the two that attempted the examination for the first time. The four students who repeated the examination at the same time all failed the bar examination. People's claims that this bar passage rate surpasses the ABA accredited Western State University College of Law's bar passage rate.
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.

Contract2008

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2009, 09:41:00 PM »
No LSAT required. Just a "dedication to their mission" or some poo like that. Don't think your GPA matters much either.

One of the requirements is that you work for the school for 40 hours per year, basically a community service sort of requirement. I've heard tales of people being made to do small scale construction and electrical work around the school when the school finds out they know how to. Tip top stuff.

Seriously, poke around their site for a bit. It should keep you LOLing for at least a half hour.

From Wikipedia, here's the bit about their bar passage rate:

People's College of Law has recently announced that statistics published by the State Bar indicate that 50% of graduates taking the July 2007 Bar Exam for the first time passed. However, it is based on one student actually passing the bar of the two that attempted the examination for the first time. The four students who repeated the examination at the same time all failed the bar examination. People's claims that this bar passage rate surpasses the ABA accredited Western State University College of Law's bar passage rate.

You know, this school might be a good option for someone who's father is a solo and have enough work for his son/daugher and the father is retiring within 10 years handing all his clients to the son/daugher.  This is ofcourse with the assumption that the graduate of this school can pass the bar. 

It's a good option for someone like that because it's annual tuition is only $4000. Then again, it's a big assumption that a graduate from this school will pass the bar though.   

Why are there such a small number of graduates taking the bar?  Is it brand new and just started its first class with few students not long ago? 

new2law

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2009, 09:49:30 PM »
Some non-aba  CA colleges do require the LSAT but normally take much lower scores.

You guys do realise that the students at these schools have to take the first year minibar right? That proves at least some intelligence since most people who sit it dont pass it. It sucks for a lot of freshman that pay for a year and then fail the exam but it does weed out a lot of the students. If they offered it at ABA schools it would weed out a lot of students.

Contract2008

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2009, 09:54:42 PM »
Some non-aba  CA colleges do require the LSAT but normally take much lower scores.

You guys do realise that the students at these schools have to take the first year minibar right?

;D   That sounds like something I eat for snack.

new2law

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2009, 09:57:06 PM »
Mabey if they handed out free drink at a "first year minbar" more people would keep showing up untill they passed it.  ;D

;D   That sounds like something I eat for snack.
[/quote]

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2009, 07:01:18 AM »

You guys do realise that the students at these schools have to take the first year minibar right? That proves at least some intelligence since most people who sit it dont pass it. It sucks for a lot of freshman that pay for a year and then fail the exam but it does weed out a lot of the students. If they offered it at ABA schools it would weed out a lot of students.

The minibar just tests Ks, crim, and torts. You should be able to do those pretty well after 1L unless you're retarded or got a total *&^% education.
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.

new2law

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2009, 12:22:15 PM »
I've never taken(or will need to take) it myself. Has anyone here done so? What was your score?

The minibar just tests Ks, crim, and torts. You should be able to do those pretty well after 1L unless you're retarded or got a total poo education.

Contract2008

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2009, 02:19:09 PM »

The minibar just tests Ks, crim, and torts. You should be able to do those pretty well after 1L unless you're retarded or got a total poo education.

To me, MPRE was almost like a mini-bar.