Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Studying/Bar Exam  (Read 867 times)

TarHeels2929

• View Profile
Studying/Bar Exam
« on: June 25, 2009, 09:03:00 AM »
When are you all going to begin studying for the bar?  I'm heading into my 3L year now and just wanted to see what approach others are taking. 

As of now I'm hoping to do some light reading/outlining from the BarBri books during the fall semester.  Spring semester bump it up a notch (mixing in a few MBE questions), and then after grad go at it full throttle. 

jumbo11

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Studying/Bar Exam
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2009, 03:16:39 PM »
are you serious?  do yourself a favor -- concentrate on getting good grades in your 3L classes.  graduate.  take a week off.  then start studying for the bar.  practicing MBE questions during 3L is not only a waste of time, but it's borderline weird.

Dr. Balsenschaft

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2009, 03:55:07 PM »
3L is miserable enough as it is, why make it worse?

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2009, 04:38:08 PM »
I started the day barbri started assigning me work. 

Do yourself a favor and do start studying.  Barbri will do the work for you.  There is a lot of material, even in their handouts, that is never really tested.  Just wait till the summer.  Enjoy yourself and your time off (3L year).

TarHeels2929

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2009, 08:49:10 AM »
Awesome, I just needed someone to tell me not to study that early.  Now I can drink lots of beer, play lots of golf, and just chillll.  In all seriousness, was your 3L year bad?  I was kinda expecting it to be much more laid back than 1L and 2L years.

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2009, 03:42:34 PM »
Awesome, I just needed someone to tell me not to study that early.  Now I can drink lots of beer, play lots of golf, and just chillll.  In all seriousness, was your 3L year bad?  I was kinda expecting it to be much more laid back than 1L and 2L years.

I thought it was kinda boring.  Only took a few classes each semester (did a clinic first and a short term weekend class second).  The work wasn't bad at all compared to the first two years.  Had so much down time.  Ran a lot, drank a little, played some golf, dated a lot (figured I might as well get it in before my firm owns my soul), and slept a lot.

Dont make the mistake of letting your grades drop this far along, but let yourself have fun too.

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2009, 12:08:31 AM »
When are you all going to begin studying for the bar?  I'm heading into my 3L year now and just wanted to see what approach others are taking. 

As of now I'm hoping to do some light reading/outlining from the BarBri books during the fall semester.  Spring semester bump it up a notch (mixing in a few MBE questions), and then after grad go at it full throttle. 

Completely unnecessary. 

Enjoy 3L, live it up. Relax.  Graduate.  Don't worry about the bar until May.

"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston