Law School Discussion

Chances at NYU/CLS?

Chances at NYU/CLS?
« on: June 24, 2009, 12:27:56 PM »
Currently at a mid T2, 3.85 GPA (Top 3%).  Chances transferring to NYU/CLS?

Re: Chances at NYU/CLS?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2009, 12:42:28 PM »

Dont know the numbers, but I know apps are due really soon (I think July 1st for one with it complete by July 15, and July 15th for the other).  Good luck!  From all I have heard, it is a pretty random process, so just give it a shot.

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2009, 12:48:24 PM »
Chances: 0% if you don't send in an app. >0% if you do. The app costs $90 or whatever. It is a lotto ticket worth buying, even if the odds are only 50/50. Your odds are probably better than 50/50. Apply.

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2009, 04:44:30 PM »
Already have applied! Anxiously awaiting, and trying to put myself in the right frame of mind for notification.

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2009, 05:01:26 PM »
Already have applied! Anxiously awaiting, and trying to put myself in the right frame of mind for notification.

Well, on the bright side, it is kinda win/win.  Either, you get into one of them and graduate from a great school, or you end up at your school but are at the top of the class.

The only states I really have regarding either are my friends from here.  top 20 school.  They were roughly top 12-18% (one went to Columbia one went to NYU).  That is just my rough estimate of their rankings.

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2009, 05:07:14 PM »

You and I are in the same boat.  Faculty from my school tell me that based on transfers over the past several years, chances are decent to good.  Good luck!

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2009, 05:42:11 PM »
i am anxiously awaiting with you guys. 3.82/2-3% at 40s school. hoping for the best.

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2009, 07:19:28 PM »
I'll join the waiting thread as well. Just sent in the apps yesterday. BTW, Columbia's form requirement is brutal when you have attended multiple schools for undergrad. Sweet jesus.

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2009, 06:34:37 AM »
Agreed! Same situation for me as well.  Found out about the Dean's Cert. needed from every undergrad you attended after I thought I was done with the app.  What a hassle.

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2009, 06:51:56 AM »
Agreed! Same situation for me as well.  Found out about the Dean's Cert. needed from every undergrad you attended after I thought I was done with the app.  What a hassle.

I was told every undergraduate institution where one matriculated as a degree seeking student.  That restriction knocked out two for me, luckily. 

The forms weren't that big of a deal (I made sure all were sent back to me so I knew when they were complete), but with one school I had a terrible time getting someone to complete the form.  From what I can tell, the form went to 6 different offices before someone completed it. "I don't have information on aspect X, that's office Y," "I don't know you personally," "The person who should fill this out passed away 3 years ago..."