Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Transferring to Michigan  (Read 1427 times)

dischord

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Transferring to Michigan
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2009, 04:14:45 PM »
First of all: withdrawing from law school and seeking re-entrance later is a better option than going to Cooley.

This, and I would really say it's a better option than going to any of those schools other than Michigan.

OP: If I were you, I would look into how to go on leave from your current school.  Even if you get into Michigan, do you really want to be doing law school (especially second year recruiting) and dealing with your mom's illness at the same time?  You aren't going to be able to focus on either to the degree you will need or want to. 
At least I can f-ing think.

new2law

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Transferring to Michigan
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2009, 04:23:37 PM »
Thats actually a really good point. It might depend a lot on how long her illness is too though. Some people can get better in a semesters time(or if bad enough pass on :-[ ) Others stay gravely ill for a decade before passing. It's ok to take a break to help and you should, but if its longterm you might have to choose between giving up on being a lawyer all together, abadoning your mom, or doing school near her.

First of all: withdrawing from law school and seeking re-entrance later is a better option than going to Cooley.

This, and I would really say it's a better option than going to any of those schools other than Michigan.

OP: If I were you, I would look into how to go on leave from your current school.  Even if you get into Michigan, do you really want to be doing law school (especially second year recruiting) and dealing with your mom's illness at the same time?  You aren't going to be able to focus on either to the degree you will need or want to.