Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Transactional vs. Litigation  (Read 1856 times)

Pax86

• View Profile
    • Email
Transactional vs. Litigation
« on: June 23, 2009, 09:22:43 PM »
Does anyone have any experience/input with tranasactional law practice compared to litigation. I'm interested in how much research,writing etc. goes into tranactional work and any opinions on pursuing this as opposed to litigaion.

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Transactional vs. Litigation
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 10:31:01 PM »
Does anyone have any experience/input with tranasactional law practice compared to litigation. I'm interested in how much research,writing etc. goes into tranactional work and any opinions on pursuing this as opposed to litigaion.

I know you are looking for an answer, but, this isnt a question people can really answer for you.  You are going to have to try both and see what you enjoy more.  As with anything, the amount of writing, research, etc, depends a lot on what level you are at and where you go to work.  Many big firms will put younger associates on doc review (lit) or due diligence (transactional) that involves very little real thinking/legal skills.  It all depends.  Go somewhere during one of your summers that offers you an opportunity to do both and try both out.  You never know what you will like.  I ended up practicing in a field I never even considered in the past.

dashrashi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Re: Transactional vs. Litigation
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2009, 01:35:41 AM »
transactional's harder to get into right now, I hear.
This sig kills fascists.

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=dashrashi

Saw dashrashi's LSN site. Since she seems to use profanity, one could say that HYP does not necessarily mean class or refinement.