Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: For June LSAT takers - don't rule out going this fall (maybe for free)  (Read 921 times)

ondeadlin

• View Profile
Just wanted to share a personal story with folks waiting a June LSAT score.

A year ago, I was in your position. When I received my score on July 3 (I think), I was pretty disappointed. It was about 5 points below my consistent average on practice tests and wouldn't be good enough to get me into the t14 I'd hoped to attend.

But then a funny thing happened - it turned out my score was well about the 75th percentile for Toledo, which was about 45 minutes from my home. The admissions staff encouraged me to apply for immediate admission, and told me I'd be a strong candidate for a full scholarship. Then a lower Tier 2 school from out of state that I'd released my score to, Richmond, reached out and basically said the same thing.

Long story short, within three weeks of getting my score, I was admitted to Toledo with a full ride. My 1L year was terrific, I'm interning this summer with a federal judge, and I have very high hopes of making law review. My grades were good enough that I'd have had a shot at transferring to that t14, but I like Toledo (and hate 100k in debt) so much that I didn't even really consider it.

So if you entertain any hope of going this fall, take a shot.

Call the schools that interest you, especially if your LSAT is at or above their 75th percentile, and ask them if they'd consider taking you. And if they say yes, ask them if it's too late to talk scholarship.

You never know ...

Slumdog Lovebutton

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Cool!  Glad it worked out so well.  Too many people get a lower-than-expected LSAT score and react like it's the end of the world.
* Columbia Law, Class of 2011 *

LSN

marlan203

• View Profile
    • Email
Do you mean you got in for fall 2009?  And, may I ask, what was your score?  I am pretty bummed about mine...but it was in the top 87th for some strange reason. 

Marla

Slumdog Lovebutton

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Do you mean you got in for fall 2009?  And, may I ask, what was your score?  I am pretty bummed about mine...but it was in the top 87th for some strange reason. 

Marla

Sounds like the OP is talking about taking the June 2008 LSAT, and getting into Toledo for Fall 2008.
* Columbia Law, Class of 2011 *

LSN

ondeadlin

• View Profile

Marla

Sounds like the OP is talking about taking the June 2008 LSAT, and getting into Toledo for Fall 2008.

Slumdog is correct - I took the test last June, got my score in early July, and was admitted to Toledo a few weeks later. Just completed 1L.

My score was 162.