Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Letter of Rec. pickle...  (Read 1365 times)

cupcake313

• View Profile
Letter of Rec. pickle...
« on: June 19, 2009, 11:54:17 AM »
Hi All-
My degree is in English Literature, so two of my letters of rec. will be from Profs in that department. I need one more, and was thinking of my biology TA. Science is NOT my strong subject, but I worked really hard for a 3.0 in the class. She knows me well and liked me, so I was wondering if she would be a good choice for my third. I thought maybe her reflection on my hard work would add an element outside of the liberal arts.

Btw, the rest of my science grades are mediocre (at best).

Suggestions?

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
Re: Letter of Rec. pickle...
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2009, 12:32:51 PM »
Hi All-
My degree is in English Literature, so two of my letters of rec. will be from Profs in that department. I need one more, and was thinking of my biology TA. Science is NOT my strong subject, but I worked really hard for a 3.0 in the class. She knows me well and liked me, so I was wondering if she would be a good choice for my third. I thought maybe her reflection on my hard work would add an element outside of the liberal arts.

Btw, the rest of my science grades are mediocre (at best).

Suggestions?

I think if she can write a strong letter, focusing on your hard work, that would be fine. maybe tell her you want the hard work aspect to be the focus.
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

lawlawlaw77

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Letter of Rec. pickle...
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2009, 03:50:44 AM »
Yes, it's always good to direct the focus of your letters.

Maybe the third or fourth letter can be a non-academic letter highlighting some extracurricular element of your resume