Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Top 10 Percent  (Read 5941 times)

goaliechica

• LSD Obsessed
  • It's only forever - not long at all.
    • View Profile
Re: Top 10 Percent
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2009, 01:46:58 AM »
Sooo..... we come back to the same point as always, which is that you have to figure out what works for you in terms of studying, and there is no magic formula. The End.
Quote from: Earthbound SNES
Get a sense of humor, Susan B. Anthony!
Quote from: dashrashi
I'm going to cut a female dog. With a knife with a brown handle, natch.
Quote from: Elephant Lee
Don't judge me. You've not had my life.

dashrashi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2009, 02:16:50 AM »
I still don't know what works. I have no f-ing idea. Happily, HLS is moving to no-grades (but not really) next year so it doesn't matter!

Ooh, actually, you know what works? Taking uncurved seminars. That's a good idea.
This sig kills fascists.

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=dashrashi

Saw dashrashi's LSN site. Since she seems to use profanity, one could say that HYP does not necessarily mean class or refinement.

ToTransferOrNot

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2009, 09:55:33 AM »
I'm going to avoid seminars like the plague. Papers=procrastination=bad grades for TTON.

The only seminar I'm really going to be willing to take is the L&E one with Posner/Easterbrook, but the chances of getting in off the lottery on that are so slim that it isn't really worth considering anyway.

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2009, 10:09:02 AM »
I'm going to avoid seminars like the plague. Papers=procrastination=bad grades for TTON.

I was the exact opposite, Iím straight Aís or top grade in the class for ever paper course I took (and I took as many of them as I could). Not because I am a good writer, hell Iím dyslexic, but because I was always good at getting the paper done half way though the semester then spend the entire rest of the class editing the *&^% out of it until it was perfect. Man I loved me some seminar paper courses (plus then you could submit your stuff for publication too). But I absolutely sucked at in class, closed book exams. Again Iím dyslexic so everything is misspelled, I canít type, and my short term memory is *&^%. So I avoided those classes unless I had no choice. Take home exams I was pretty good at as well because I would get them done early and then edit them a ton. Point is I found to maximize your GPA over 3-4 years take classes with the exam type your good at and avoid those your bad at. I almost always picked my classes based on the type of exam they gave first, interesting second, time/day third.
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

ToTransferOrNot

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2009, 01:34:36 PM »
Yep, I fully plan on having my primary consideration for classes be "In-class, open book, no word limit" final exams. Everything else is secondary, because everything is secondary to GPA.

Sucks, but it is true:/ I have A+s in every class that had that kind of exam, and nothing higher than an A- in anything else, so far.