Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: How many law students/lawyers have been to jail?  (Read 2119 times)

new2law

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
How many law students/lawyers have been to jail?
« on: June 18, 2009, 02:06:54 AM »
I believe that it was "judge Mathis" which started showing him in jail and then going to law school. I was wondering, how many law students/lawers do posters here known of who have been to jail and still been to law school or passed the bar?

amanda.tyer

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: How many law students/lawyers have been to jail?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2009, 02:34:32 AM »
Well that is an interesting question.
As well the fact: how many people have been to jail first and then went to law school
and then how many people have been to law school and then jail
or how many are in law school and jail? ??? ;D

LincolnLover

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 06:18:59 PM »
I'd say none, why would the bar let a Judge have a felony? Isn't it against the law for elected and appointed govt officals to have felonies? A judge is just that isn't he?

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 06:48:30 PM »
there no rule against appointees weith felonies.  some states preclude convicted felons from holding elected office, but sometimes  "civil rights" restored through judicial or executive action.

fortook

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2012, 04:55:41 PM »
How did you go from going to jail to felonies?  Ever worked in a court? Then you'd know the insane numbers of people that to to jail for minor shi.t.

Has anyone gone to jail for having cocaine residue on the bills in their pocket?  Has anyone ever gone to jail for having 4 beers and walking down the street? Has anyone ever gone to jail because they were wearing their pants too low?  Has anyone ever gone to jail for cursing? Has anyone ever gone to jail who was innocent? If you answered "yes" to any of these questions please attach an addendum describing each incident including dates.
"Thank you for inviting me, Mrs. Palin." "Thank you for cutting your mullet, Levi."

fortook

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2012, 05:02:03 PM »
Mathis has a juvie rec, I think. He uses it to play at legitimacy and publicity.

I do know he does a felony assistance program in Detroit that is pretty famous.  I wish we had more programs like it. 

Its amazing how many people engineer a result and act surprised and condemning when it comes into fruition- i.e someone who gets out of prison with a felony and can't find a job, because no one will hire a felon, so re offends-  Omg, I'm so frickin shocked.

Cheers, Mathis for understanding the obvious, sincerely.  Its not common.
"Thank you for inviting me, Mrs. Palin." "Thank you for cutting your mullet, Levi."