Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: UMiami vs. FIU  (Read 10243 times)

Contract2008

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: UMiami vs. FIU
« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2009, 10:12:43 PM »
I like how you assume how much I make.  That's funny.  Not accurate...and funny.
Like I said, talk to me when you actually know something.  Graduate, pass the bar, get a job.  Until then, you're clueless, and your posts show it.By the way, I didn't graduate first in my class.  I was 7th.

Several weeks ago, I met a UM law alum who moved to Knoxville, TN.  I was there for a deposition, and we ended up sitting next to each other at a bar my first evening in town.  His views on where he would have gone to school were much different sitting at that bar than when he went into school as a 1L. 

I've had a job. Worked for a company named Goldman Sachs, you might have heard of them. LOL at some attorney for a no name law firm telling me to get a job.

... You left GS to go to law school? At SMU?

First time being back on this site since law school started. Yea, I left GS to go to SMU. Wanted to take a shot a working in sports since that is what I'm really interested in. If things don't work out I'd go back to GS before taking a no name small firm job like the guy above lol.

What's GS?

iahurricane

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: UMiami vs. FIU
« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2009, 02:54:01 PM »
I like how you assume how much I make.  That's funny.  Not accurate...and funny.
Like I said, talk to me when you actually know something.  Graduate, pass the bar, get a job.  Until then, you're clueless, and your posts show it.By the way, I didn't graduate first in my class.  I was 7th.

Several weeks ago, I met a UM law alum who moved to Knoxville, TN.  I was there for a deposition, and we ended up sitting next to each other at a bar my first evening in town.  His views on where he would have gone to school were much different sitting at that bar than when he went into school as a 1L. 

I've had a job. Worked for a company named Goldman Sachs, you might have heard of them. LOL at some attorney for a no name law firm telling me to get a job.

... You left GS to go to law school? At SMU?

First time being back on this site since law school started. Yea, I left GS to go to SMU. Wanted to take a shot a working in sports since that is what I'm really interested in. If things don't work out I'd go back to GS before taking a no name small firm job like the guy above lol.

What's GS?

This http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/16/business/16goldman.html?partner=yahoofinance