Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Rutgers Question  (Read 2532 times)

tangerinefields

• View Profile
    • Email
Rutgers Question
« on: June 17, 2009, 06:25:47 PM »
I'm a senior who just started taking LSAT classes and trying to get my GPA up for law school applications. Right now my GPA is a 3.0 and my LSAT diagnostic is a 150. I have the sense that by the end of the course I'll fall into Rutgers range. I'm just curious, what are the differences to consider in the Newark vs. Camden schools? I see Newark is 10 spots lower on the 09' rankings, but it looks like a nicer area campus wise. The reason I'm thinking jersey is because of in state tuition but any other recommendations would be great. Seton Hall maybe?

swc5018

• View Profile
Re: Rutgers Question
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2009, 09:40:37 PM »
I got into Rutgers Newark and Seton Hall with a 3.3 and 160, so get your numbers up a little and you should be fine. I didn't really look at Rut. Camden so I can't give you much advice about that, other than to say Newark is right outside NYC, and Camden is outside Philly, so the job market is something to consider. As far as Rutgers vs. Seton Hall, I personally liked Seton Hall a lot more, but it was also more expensive. If cost is a concern for you then Rutgers would probably be your best bet.

sweetlyxwicked

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 01:44:35 AM »
I wouldn't reccomend Rutgers Camden. For one, it's not in the best area, and Camden is often referred to as "East Philadelphia" (a neighborhood which doesn't really exist".  The suburbs of it, Cherry Hill, Haddonfield, etc, are very nice, but not the city itself.  Also, trying to get information from them is like pulling teeth.  I recently went to talk to thier admission staff at the DC LSAC forum.  The two reps spent the whole time talking to each other and ignorning me.  They had only business cards for info and when I got home, all that was mailed to me was a postcard that was no help at all.  I hear Newark is infinitely better when it comes to this stuff.  I'd reccomend there as they are actually governed by two distinct bodies, despite the shared name and ranking.

tangerinefields

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2009, 03:52:52 PM »
I've heard this from a few other people as well. Thanks for the advice. Considering I live 15 minutes from NYC, I'll probably be applying to Newark, and pass on Camden.