Law School Discussion

ITT: What are your stupid superstitions?

ITT: What are your stupid superstitions?
« on: June 17, 2009, 06:01:37 AM »
I believe that wearing new clothes is bad luck.  I always try to wear new clothes on days where I don't leave the house in order to minimize the odds something bad might occur.

'blueskies

• your changing skyline is twisting me up inside
    • View Profile
Re: ITT: What are your stupid superstitions?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2009, 06:05:29 AM »
Are you saying I'll have bad luck because I'm wearing new shoes that squeak today?

Julie Fern

• hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2009, 07:20:05 AM »
compassionate conservatism.

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2009, 11:17:43 AM »
I believe that wearing new clothes is bad luck.  I always try to wear new clothes on days where I don't leave the house in order to minimize the odds something bad might occur.

Totally the opposite -- if I'm going somewhere new or meeting new people, I almost always wear new clothes.  Best foot forward and all that.

On a separate vein, I try not to leave the house on Friday the 13th or at least minimize my trips if I have to leave.  I'll also avoid using anything that I particularly like in fear that it will break that day.

Julie Fern

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2009, 11:20:40 AM »
I believe that wearing new clothes is bad luck. I always try to wear new clothes on days where I don't leave the house in order to minimize the odds something bad might occur.

if you always dressed black, there got be some variety.

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2009, 12:19:51 PM »
I'm the least superstitious person around until about two weeks before I take the LSAT. Both times I lived complely by routine, every single day. I didn't wear underwear the first time I got 170+ while studying for this past June's test, so I haven't worn them since. I also had a really awful broken toenail when I started practicing, but I didn't want to alter anything so I refused to clip it after the test.

I know none of this actually helps, but the psychological reinforcement is comforting.

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2009, 01:02:16 PM »
You people are crazy

Julie Fern

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2009, 02:13:54 PM »
maybe, but you have that thing over upper lip.

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2009, 02:19:48 PM »

Totally the opposite -- if I'm going somewhere new or meeting new people, I almost always wear new clothes.  Best foot forward and all that.

Maybe this is why my law school cycle was so amazing and you're going to a.... No wait. 

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2009, 02:49:51 PM »

Maybe this is why my law school cycle was so amazing and you're going to a.... No wait. 

:D  :-[  :-\

Is it possible to feel all those things at once?