Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What to do...  (Read 1383 times)

has03c

• View Profile
What to do...
« on: June 16, 2009, 06:43:42 PM »
Hello everyone.... I am trying to figure out what to do with... well, my life to put it mildly. I have a degree in political science with about a 3.5 GPA. I have longed to go to Law School for a long time but cannot afford it or even find a Job to begin the process. I am wondering what branch of government service, Air Force, Army, etc... I could join that would aid in my destination of law school while giving me an experiance of the world through the eyes of a solider. I am a very athletic 24yr old girl looking to get somewhere in life... anybody know where I should begin??? =)

bdc

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: What to do...
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 07:46:38 PM »
If you really want to go to law school you can just get loans- government loans and grad plus loans to pay for it.  Of course you have to pay it back but if it is what you want to do then do it.

new2law

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: What to do...
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 08:57:31 PM »
The military is a good place to start. If you have college debt then consider going in as an E-4 since they will pay off more debt that way. If your ok with your finances then go officer. They pay better and you get to be more in command. If you want a desk job go airforce, otherwise I recommend army since that was my branch. They can pay for your college too. If you talk to your recruiter the NG should be able to pay your JD while your in it too. The NG has both army and airforce branches to choose from. 

If you looking to be non-deployable out of state then join your states SDF. That way you get officer rank and pay if activated but all training is in state and they cant force you to be deployed out of state.
here are some links for that if interested.

http://www.mivdf.org 
http://www.sgaus.org   for all other states.