Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 4th Tier  (Read 2366 times)

big - fat - box

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: 4th Tier
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2009, 05:40:11 PM »
It depends what you mean by "decent job".

What would you suggest?  I worked in TV for 2.5 years and that's a profession crumbling faster than news papers.

I've tried looking for PR work but was unsuccessful.  I'm really hoping I do well in school and can land a decent job in Texas.  Is that really that far-fetched an idea?

big - fat - box

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2009, 05:47:12 PM »
Full test once a week for 8 weeks means you took 8 tests. That is not anywhere near enough preparation. Back when I took the LSAT, I was working 50 hours a week and studying at least 4 hours a day during the week and 7-10 hours a day on weekends. At the time, there were around 40 practice tests available and I did all of them (and went through my answers one by one, plus re-did some of the test when I ran out of practice tests) plus I worked through the Powerscore books. My score wasn't great, but it was good enough for a local state school to start with. Until you've really put in the time, you can't say you've done your best. If I could've afforded a good live course like Testmasters or Powerscore I would've done it and probably scored higher too. There is no reason you can't study and take the test over.

Honestly, if you think 1.5 hours a day is enough time to study for the LSAT, you are going to be in for a rude awakening in law school.

I really did put in time for the LSAT. Probably about 1.5 hours a day, took a full test once a week. Did this for about 2 months.

The school I'll be attending fails out the bottom 15%

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2009, 06:02:31 PM »
Full test once a week for 8 weeks means you took 8 tests. That is not anywhere near enough preparation. Back when I took the LSAT, I was working 50 hours a week and studying at least 4 hours a day during the week and 7-10 hours a day on weekends. At the time, there were around 40 practice tests available and I did all of them (and went through my answers one by one, plus re-did some of the test when I ran out of practice tests) plus I worked through the Powerscore books.

please add that you had to walk seven miles both ways up hill in the snow to make this post compleate  :P
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

big - fat - box

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2009, 06:15:52 PM »
Hey Matthies  :)

Fortunately it wasn't a snowy year when I was working and studying for the test  ;D

Also, I did take the test twice. Sucks, but you have to do what you have to do.

please add that you had to walk seven miles both ways up hill in the snow to make this post compleate  :P

big - fat - box

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2009, 06:18:42 PM »
Actually, I had to fight off a swarm of killer bees with my LGB. And I filled in my bubbles with a bloody finger.  ;D

Seriously, I think most can agree this guy needs to prep more for the LSAT and needs to do more research before jumping into law school feet first hoping everything will magically work itself out.

And don't forget killing a grizzly bear with his Logic Games Bible.

"Pencils?!? Heh! We didn't have pencils! We filled in those circles with DIRT! And we liked it!"

deexod

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2009, 09:05:02 PM »
Hands down take the Kaplan course. I am at a T4 now and being in the top 3% I have no jobs I am trying to transfer.

Step 1: Pay $$ now to take the Kaplan course
Step 2: Go to a better school
Step 3: Profit $$$- Loans

gorebs97

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2009, 07:37:45 AM »
Hands down take the Kaplan course. I am at a T4 now and being in the top 3% I have no jobs I am trying to transfer.

I'm just curious on how you didn't land anything.  I'm also at a T4 and no where close to where you claim to be, but I had two job offers in a state where the school I go to is not even located.  A personality, hard work, and networking can also land you a job.   

EdinTally

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2009, 04:15:59 PM »

I'm just curious on how you didn't land anything.  I'm also at a T4 and no where close to where you claim to be, but I had two job offers in a state where the school I go to is not even located.  A personality, hard work, and networking can also land you a job.   
LIES!!!

Everyone (here) knows T4s don't work as attorneys.  Shame on you.