Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Pepperdine at an additional $16000 per year, worth it?  (Read 961 times)

dreameca

• View Profile
    • Email
Pepperdine at an additional $16000 per year, worth it?
« on: June 15, 2009, 09:58:44 PM »
As I looked into housing arrangements in malibu, I recognized how ridiculously expensive it was. If I go to Loyola, I could live at home. If I go to Pepperdine, I am looking at an additional $16000 including utilities and everything per year. Although Pepperdine did offer more $4000 more than Loyola, I would still be paying $12000 more per year. Is it worth it to chose to go to pepperdine over loyola?

jramire1

• View Profile
Re: Pepperdine at an additional $16000 per year, worth it?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 01:05:01 AM »
Heck no!!! Loyola is an awesome school with a great alumni network and except for a couple programs (Int'l Law) many believe Pepperdine trumps Loyola.  No, definately not worth it, GO TO LOYOLA!!

Jamie Stringer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 01:19:04 AM »
Go to Loyola.
Quote from: Tim Mitchell

F*cking bi+ch drinks a 1 oz bottle of goose and thinks she's French

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2009, 03:38:54 AM »
Loyola.
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.

dreameca

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2009, 03:46:56 AM »
Heck no!!! Loyola is an awesome school with a great alumni network and except for a couple programs (Int'l Law) many believe Pepperdine trumps Loyola.  No, definately not worth it, GO TO LOYOLA!!

Sorry can you clarify what you mean by trumping loyola? I am exactly planning to go into international law, thats why your comment makes a lot of difference! Thanks. please tell me a little more about it if you can. thankuu

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2009, 03:53:05 AM »

Sorry can you clarify what you mean by trumping loyola? I am exactly planning to go into international law, thats why your comment makes a lot of difference! Thanks. please tell me a little more about it if you can. thankuu

Don't worry about international law coming from either of these schools.
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.

Jamie Stringer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2009, 03:57:29 AM »
Stop the insanity.

You need to minimize debt and quite honestly, Pepperdine doesn't have that much better a reputation than Loyola in Los Angeles.  Plus, if you're going to Pepperdine, you either have to live in Santa Monica and commute into Malibu (which can be hell on PCH) or live in Malibu (mad $$$).  There's no good reason to justify Pepperdine over Loyola.
Quote from: Tim Mitchell

F*cking bi+ch drinks a 1 oz bottle of goose and thinks she's French

Crimson:devil(red)

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2009, 10:12:03 AM »
I would also choose Loyola over Pepperdine, FWIW.
Tulane Law School Class of 2012

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/crimsondevilred

dcm81

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2009, 12:46:34 PM »
Go to Loyola unless you know right now that you want to do entertainment law or mediation, then go to Pepperdine, otherwise its not worth it to go to that school because of the cost of living in Malibu.  I am a little concerned with Loyola's fall in the rankings, and problems with their administration, but I don't think its enough to for you to worry about at this point.  The school is pretty strong in LA, so you should be able to get a decent job from that school.

dreameca

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2009, 11:02:23 PM »
the fall in rankings and reputation is exactly why i want to attend Pepperdine more. I am just not sure if the costs are worth it. Anyone know anything about job prospects in both schools?