Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: class ranking  (Read 959 times)

rene_descartes

• View Profile
    • Email
class ranking
« on: June 15, 2009, 11:48:05 AM »
my registrar informed me that the school does not provide class rankings to 3rd parties. I need that class ranking to transfer school. Does anyone know what I should do?

Naked Promise

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: class ranking
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 12:21:04 PM »
Break in and steal the info.

I'm not sure there is much you can do. I'd go talk to/call the registrar and ask if they make exceptions for other law schools. If not, try to find some kind of rank info you could send. Anything you can send that will give them an idea of the strength of your GPA. I'd also call one of the schools you are applying to and ask what they recommend you should do.

rene_descartes

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2009, 12:29:16 PM »
is it possible for me to just photocopy my transcript (which the school did send with the class ranking) to submit to the transfer schools?

Naked Promise

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2009, 12:39:13 PM »
is it possible for me to just photocopy my transcript (which the school did send with the class ranking) to submit to the transfer schools?

well obviously it's possible. whether you should do it or not is another question. you'll have to ask someone at your school. you don't want to break some rule and be screwed if you stay at you school. on the other hand, it might be that no one would even care. i'm really not familiar with this and thus i would recommend talking to the registrar or a dean.

Dr. Balsenschaft

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2009, 02:08:43 PM »
my registrar informed me that the school does not provide class rankings to 3rd parties. I need that class ranking to transfer school. Does anyone know what I should do?

What the f!ck are they for if they don't provide them to 3rd parties?  What a dumb policy.  I'd ask them for a letter stating that they don't provide class rankings to 3rd parties and then ask them to send a copy of your transcripts (w/out the rankings) to the schools you're trying to transfer to.  And then get official transcripts showing your class ranking and send them out with your transfer applications and the letter explaining this ridiculous policy.  And then send a letter to the ABA.