Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: ITT Cool Posters Give Good Advice to 2L Job Search Noobs  (Read 9638 times)

BearlyLegal

• LSD Obsessed
  • And the greatest threat to America is... Bears!!!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Newjoetm
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: ITT Cool Posters Give Good Advice to 2L Job Search Noobs
« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2009, 11:01:45 AM »
I ordered a very very cheesy pizza (yum!) during a callback interview.  Needless to say, they dinged me.
Who needs a firm when you got pizza?

botbot

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: ITT You Help Bears Get A Job
« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2009, 11:03:53 AM »
Would you suggest sending the materials on plain white or cotton resume/business paper? I used the pricey stuff for 1L summer mailings but was wondering if firms actually prefer regular paper...

I think thin-ish white cotton paper is probably the credited answer.  Obviously send it in a full-length envelope.

Full length?! Regular business envelopes are a no go?! :(

Which do you prefer to read: paper with large creases or paper without large creases?

Katfid54

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2009, 11:04:41 AM »
Would you suggest sending the materials on plain white or cotton resume/business paper? I used the pricey stuff for 1L summer mailings but was wondering if firms actually prefer regular paper...

I think thin-ish white cotton paper is probably the credited answer.  Obviously send it in a full-length envelope.

Which do you prefer to read: paper with large creases or paper without large creases?

E-Mails.

BearlyLegal

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: June 25, 2009, 11:06:19 AM »

I suppose the creaseless paper, but resume envelopes tend to be regular business size, and common practice seems to be to send regular envelopes.

So what's the credited thing to do then? Big manila envelope probably isn't that great either...

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
« Reply #54 on: June 25, 2009, 11:11:25 AM »
I agree with everything botbot has said, but I won't to strongly incourge beasr to network as well. In this economy you can't realy on just or OCI or mass mailing, you need to add every job finding technique to your quiver, use them all, don't rely on one to the exclusion of others.
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

botbot

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 25, 2009, 11:17:48 AM »

I suppose the creaseless paper, but resume envelopes tend to be regular business size, and common practice seems to be to send regular envelopes.

So what's the credited thing to do then? Big manila envelope probably isn't that great either...

Professional class white mailers are available at Staples and Office Depot.

BearlyLegal

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: June 25, 2009, 11:34:49 AM »
Ya I am networking my butt off this summer!  :)

Katfid54

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 25, 2009, 11:38:05 AM »
Ya I am networking my butt off this summer!  :)

I'm networking so hard, I had to buy a wireless router........ :-\

,.,.,.;.,.,.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 25, 2009, 12:33:16 PM »
And I would do it again!  It was great pizza!  Cost me ~20k in SA money, but whatever.  Life is short.

How are you networking?  Drunk-dialing?  Meeting up with people at restaurants?

Katfid54

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 25, 2009, 12:36:50 PM »
And I would do it again!  It was great pizza!  Cost me ~20k in SA money, but whatever.  Life is short.

How are you networking?  Drunk-dialing?  Meeting up with people at restaurants?

Craigslist.