Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: I HATE MY SITUATION!!!  (Read 3403 times)

Advocate

• View Profile
Re: I HATE MY SITUATION!!!
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2009, 09:09:34 AM »
You see things like this in high school sports when a small county track champion goes to a big state meet and finishes towards the back of the pack.  Why don't you just take a bunch of easy writing classes or seminars during your 3L year. You could inflate your GPA, and the classes should not be so stressful.  I mean, really . . . do gunners take Law and Literature?

vap

• Sr. Citizen
  • Attorney
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2009, 11:39:26 AM »
I mean, really . . . do gunners take Law and Literature?

The super gunners are the ones who plan their schedules around which classes are easier / off the curve.

new2law

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2009, 01:14:50 PM »
Which schools were involoved? Are you still at either?

M_Cool

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2009, 04:01:50 PM »
The super gunners are the ones who plan their schedules around which classes are easier / off the curve.

Right, because gunners are so worried about competition.  Most thrive on it.  Moreover, I'm sure they're going to want classes like Law & Lit on their schedule when they're applying for prestigious clerkships (where they actually DO scrutinize your schedule).

goaliechica

• LSD Obsessed
  • It's only forever - not long at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2009, 03:52:06 PM »

Right, because gunners are so worried about competition.  Most thrive on it.  Moreover, I'm sure they're going to want classes like Law & Lit on their schedule when they're applying for prestigious clerkships (where they actually DO scrutinize your schedule).

As someone who actually took Law & Lit, it was actually one of the more rigorous classes I had that semester. It was seriously a ton of work. I'm just saying  :P
Quote from: Earthbound SNES
Get a sense of humor, Susan B. Anthony!
Quote from: dashrashi
I'm going to cut a female dog. With a knife with a brown handle, natch.
Quote from: Elephant Lee
Don't judge me. You've not had my life.

gershonw

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2009, 04:19:29 PM »
Uh you can't transfer after your first year.  He could go be a visiting student though I guess.

???

I know someone who transferred for just her third year. Definitely transferred. She isn't going to be a visiting student.

Hmmm...not possible?  Every school that I've ever head of requires at least 2 years worth of credits in order to issue a diploma.  It's pretty standard. Was she doing a joint degree program? 

so jacy- how many academic requirmeent rule books have you been through besides your own school's and maybe one or two others?

i think your genreally you are right.  but diffrent schools have diffrent rules about counting summers and counting 5 sems plus summers and waivers etc... Further, you could, as pointed out, take your first year, tranfer to a 2d school, then tranfer back to your first school...which would give you 2 years at the first school.

you tend to make judgements about "what youve heard of" a lot..such as my jurisdiction having rules for early determination of character and fitness (which although they aknowledge exist..have told me not to invoke becuase they would rather not follow their own rules).  I recall you telling me that "youd never heard of that" before either.  despite the fact that 

M_Cool

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2009, 07:04:44 PM »
As someone who actually took Law & Lit, it was actually one of the more rigorous classes I had that semester. It was seriously a ton of work. I'm just saying  Tongue

I actually think it sounds interesting & I'm sure it is a lot of work.  One of the most renowned profs at my school is teaching it and I'm sure he throws out a *&^% ton of reading because that's how he is.  One more reason not to take it:)

StevePirates

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • JollyLawger
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2009, 07:47:51 PM »
I'm in Law & Lit, and Jurisprudence.  There are a few people in the class banking on "easy grades" to try and hit "cum laude" or "magna".  There is a lot of reading, as one might expect.  I like the classes.

new2law

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2009, 10:36:24 PM »
which class would you guys say was the hardest/easiest?

nealric

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • a.k.a. Miguel Sanchez
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2009, 10:58:08 PM »
This isn't a T1/T4 issue, but simply a matter of you choosing a school that didn't suit you. Sorry  :-\

FWIW, I enjoy my classmates.
Georgetown Law Graduate

Chief justice Earl Warren wasn't a stripper!
Now who's being naive?