Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: I HATE MY SITUATION!!!  (Read 3300 times)

I Hate Law School

• View Profile
    • Email
I HATE MY SITUATION!!!
« on: June 12, 2009, 11:38:10 AM »
Started off at a 4th tier and finished my 1L year in the top 10% of my class. Transferred to a 1st tier and I absolutely hate it!!!  I went from being in the top 10% to the lowest quintile.  How does that happen?!?  It's not even like the students at my new school are that much more intelligent than everyone at my old school, or me for that matter.  I'm doing the same f-ing thing now as I did my 1L year, but I can't seem to get above a B+ now.  I go into every exam knowing EVERYTHING I need to know, but I end up getting Cs and Bs. My f-ing GPA is now down to a 2.74.  Who the F is going to hire me once I graduate - top tier school or not.  I wish I had stayed at the 4th tier school, at least I would have kept some of my dignity... 

Also, top tier students are so f-ing annoying, they think they're soooo smart and so much better than everyone.  Almost every student I've come in contact with at this 1st tier school has little to no personality.  I just want to graduate and get the f out.  I'll never talk to any of these piece of crap students, and this school will never see a dime of my money.  Hell, I'd give money to the 4th tier school before I gave it to the school I'm at now. 

I was so excited when I got my acceptance letter as a trasnfer student. Top tier school, in-state tuition, better job opportunities, etc. etc.  Well, it's all bull.  I'd rather be at a 4th tier school getting A's and surrounding myself with down-to-earth people than be in my current situation. F-ing hindsight is 20/20.

Needed to vent.  For those of you that made it through this manifesto, hopefully some of you will feel my pain.

M_Cool

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: I HATE MY SITUATION!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2009, 01:07:44 PM »
Hopefully you at least got something from OCI before your grades tanked so hard.

Diet Yomajesty

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2009, 04:18:51 PM »
Ouch. I'm really sorry you're hating your situation. It's decent of you to share your story, though - not many people talk about the potential downsides of transferring. Best of luck to you. I hope you find some cooler people to hang out with next year.
Quote from: Tim Mitchell
You could leave a cardboard cutout of Erik Estrada at the front counter and I guarantee you no one would ever know the difference.
Not so much because you resemble Erik Estrada, more so because you have the personality of cardboard.

UnbiasedObserver

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2009, 06:08:40 PM »
Sorry to hear that.  I also want to thank you for showing us another side of transferring that many of us never consider. 

RobWreck

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2009, 06:11:00 PM »
If you're so unhappy, why don't you transfer back to your T4 school for your 3rd year? I'd imagine that they'd take you back...
St. John's University School of Law '11
Part-time PM Division
Admitted in NY

M_Cool

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2009, 06:20:12 PM »
Uh you can't transfer after your first year.  He could go be a visiting student though I guess.

goaliechica

• LSD Obsessed
  • It's only forever - not long at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2009, 06:37:09 PM »
Uh you can't transfer after your first year.  He could go be a visiting student though I guess.

???

I know someone who transferred for just her third year. Definitely transferred. She isn't going to be a visiting student.
Quote from: Earthbound SNES
Get a sense of humor, Susan B. Anthony!
Quote from: dashrashi
I'm going to cut a female dog. With a knife with a brown handle, natch.
Quote from: Elephant Lee
Don't judge me. You've not had my life.

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2009, 07:42:16 PM »

???

I know someone who transferred for just her third year. Definitely transferred. She isn't going to be a visiting student.

Hmmm...not possible?  Every school that I've ever head of requires at least 2 years worth of credits in order to issue a diploma.  It's pretty standard. Was she doing a joint degree program? 

Naked Promise

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2009, 09:29:12 PM »

???

Hmmm...not possible?  Every school that I've ever head of requires at least 2 years worth of credits in order to issue a diploma.  It's pretty standard. Was she doing a joint degree program? 

My first thought is that it probably wouldn't happen, but in the OP's case I could almost see them making an exception. Most schools require that you have 2 years worth of residency credits to graduate at the school. If the OP went back, he/she would have that. Again, it's probably unlikely, but ya never know...

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2009, 08:39:18 AM »
That is true for the OP - he/she would end up with 2 years.  I can't remember now, but the only catch there could be if the school required 2 consecutive years.  I remember the general 2 year policy, but now can't remember anything more specific than that.