Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Possibilities from UConn  (Read 624 times)

uconn23

• View Profile
Possibilities from UConn
« on: June 12, 2009, 09:22:10 AM »
I am just curious at what you guys think.  I should finish up this year just inside the top 10% at UConn. I am wondering what schools I have a shot of getting into. I am not sure I want to work in CT, looking more at Boston, or NY, or maybe even Chicago. I was thinking of sending spps out to BC, BU, Georgetown, Northwestern, Cornell, Michigan, Duke, and Notre Dame. Do I have a realistic opportunity at any of these or any other top 20 schools I didn't mention, or am I just wasting my money. Thanks.

I Hate Law School

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Possibilities from UConn
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2009, 12:00:03 PM »
Definitely go somewhere else if you can afford it. I'm a 3L at UConn and I absolutely hate it.  Wish I had gone somewhere else.

Naked Promise

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2009, 02:29:11 PM »
I wouldn't apply to any non-T14 schools. I don't think the move would be worth it. Maybe BC/BU if you are sure you want to be in Boston. I would definitely apply to as many of the top 14 as you can afford, including Columbia, NYU, and Chicago. I doubt HYS is a possibility (unless you have some really cool softs). Basically, apply anywhere you'd be ok finishing school. If it was me, I'd apply to Harvard (just to see), Chicago, Columbia, NYU, Penn, Michigan, Cornell, Duke, and Northwestern. Don't apply to Notre Dame...not worth the move, IMO. You could throw in GULC as well, although I think it's a bit of a diploma mill and might be a bit risky ITE.

uconn23

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2009, 02:56:43 PM »
I'm a little strapped for cash. I was hoping to limit it to 6-7 apps. I'm thinking BC, BU, NW, Michigan, Cornell, Duke and Columbia and maybe one or two others. What do you think?

Naked Promise

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2009, 02:59:32 PM »
Sounds good. I'd do NYU if you are doing CLS. You might try Fordham as well, although I'd apply to GULC over Fordham (I think you'd have a decent shot at GULC).