Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Taking Nominations for New Moderators - NOW CLOSED  (Read 16713 times)

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Taking Nominations for New Moderators - NOW CLOSED
« Reply #50 on: July 20, 2009, 10:36:29 AM »
CONGRATS to the New Mods!!!!!

Here's a broom and a mop.  Now you're in charge of this mess.  :D
"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

Naked Promise

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 20, 2009, 10:59:40 AM »
who are they?

Pardon Johnny Cash.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 20, 2009, 11:33:04 AM »
Hey y'all, I'm a mod now  :)

TimMitchell

« Reply #53 on: July 20, 2009, 11:43:21 AM »
May want to change the title of this thread...

Cool Beans

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 20, 2009, 11:50:32 AM »
 ::) ::) ::)

Why is everyone so concerned about this being a huge mistake?  After all, moderator duties are slight to insignificant.  Does anyone have any real doubts that this place could function fine without a moderator at all?  And even if a moderator is minimally necessary, how much of a sentient being does one have to be to adequately fill this role?  Will anyone ever be admitted to a better law school because of a moderator?  Will the quality of information in the "T14 of Ben & Jerry's Flavors" be improved upon due to diligent moderation?  So should we care that Nealric and PJC were made mods?

Absolutely.  PJC is surely going to ruin the place.  I have it on good authority that he's gone of vacation and forgotten his suitcase, for example.  I've also heard that he once singed his eye lashes when trying to melt the boogers out of his stuffy nose with a cigarette lighter.  He also opposes a college football playoff system and believes that our health care system is fine as is. 

So yeah, be scared.  I wouldn't be shocked if he accidentally banned Matthies - the only poster who's ever been known to be helpful on these boards.

Bad choice, sirs.  Bad choice.

nealric

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • a.k.a. Miguel Sanchez
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 20, 2009, 10:42:00 PM »
Hi guys, thanks to those who nominated me. I was just made aware of the thread's existence :)

I will do my best to be fair and helpful. Feel free to PM me with any feedback on how I am doing.

PS: I will be out of the country from Aug 7th-20th in a fairly remote location (rural Central America). If you don't see me around, that is why.
Georgetown Law Graduate

Chief justice Earl Warren wasn't a stripper!
Now who's being naive?

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
« Reply #56 on: July 20, 2009, 10:44:14 PM »
Hi guys, thanks to those who nominated me. I was just made aware of the thread's existence :)

I will do my best to be fair and helpful. Feel free to PM me with any feedback on how I am doing.

PS: I will be out of the country from Aug 7th-20th in a fairly remote location (rural Central America). If you don't see me around, that is why.

bring me back a kilo, kthxbi...and don't cut it with anything either, or I'll cut you. just saying. 
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

nealric

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • a.k.a. Miguel Sanchez
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 20, 2009, 10:47:44 PM »

bring me back a kilo, kthxbi...and don't cut it with anything either, or I'll cut you. just saying.   

Lol. I'm planning to stay away from the Darien gap. 
Georgetown Law Graduate

Chief justice Earl Warren wasn't a stripper!
Now who's being naive?

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
« Reply #58 on: July 20, 2009, 10:51:13 PM »

Lol. I'm planning to stay away from the Darien gap. 

Well just pick it up for me at the duty free store then. To bad your not going to Malawi I'd have you grab me an orhaphn, its the newst thing to have these days thanks to Modona
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

EarlCat

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • i'm in ur LSAT blowin' ur curve
    • AOL Instant Messenger - EarlCat78
    • View Profile
    • EarlDoesLSAT.com
« Reply #59 on: July 20, 2009, 11:20:12 PM »
I will do my best to be fair and helpful.

Fair.  Helpful.  LOL n00b!

Oh yeah, and congratulations.